Show fees per judge

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Hi All

Trying to get a rough idea of what is the National average for show fees out there. If you have different fees for youth, ammy & open, could you pls indicate as such -- just need the price PER JUDGE - I can extrapolate from there

Thanks a bunch!

Stacy

Most of the shows (AMHR) around here are per class NOT per judge. Pinto does per judge and that gets expensive! When money is tight like it is people tend to want to attend the "one price for the whole show" type. In the past I've paid between $5 and $15 per class but last year one show had $45 covers all classes both days. I believe that another was $60 for the entire show. LOVE AMHR!

Pinto offers all day show fees too but only offers 2 or 3 mini classes so it doesn't work out well.

Hi All
Trying to get a rough idea of what is the National average for show fees out there. If you have different fees for youth, ammy & open, could you pls indicate as such -- just need the price PER JUDGE - I can extrapolate from there

Thanks a bunch!

Stacy
I am not sure whether by "local shows" you mean mini shows that are done by mini clubs and are open to minis only.

I belong to two different mini clubs in my area. One of the clubs pays $90 per judge for the day. The other club does not pay anything to the judges for a days judging. The non paid judges are members ,within the club, who also show at club shows they do not judge. Needless to say the non paid situation is not the best.

Hopefully next year both clubs will pay for judges that are not connected to members of either club.

Stacy,

Here are our show fee's for a two judge show:

Entry Fees: Per Entry dates listed on entry form.

Office Fee Per Horse $10.00 - Per Horse Fee

Late Office Fee Per Horse $30.00 - Late Fees Will Be Enforced - See Rules Section

Open Class $26.00 - Open Fee Applied To Youth Entering Open Classes

Amateur Class $18.00 - Amateur Numbers Required

PMC Classes Adult $18.00 - 18 Years & Older

Youth Class $ 7.00 - Youth Entering Open Classes Must Pay Open Fees

Youth PMC Classes $ 7.00 - Must Have Youth # for all Youth Classes

Stall Fees $40.00 - One Tack Stall Allowed Per 1 to 6 Horses Entered

Additional Tack Stalls $50.00 - Regardless of Number of Horses

Second Horse In Stall $15.00 - Unruly Horses Together Will Not Be Tolerated

Grounds Fee per Horse $15.00 - Showing Out of Trailer Per Horse Fee Charged Per Day

Shavings $ 8.50 - Shavings Must Be Purchased from Expo Facility

Vendor Fees $100.00 - RV hook-up, Table, Chairs, Rental Extra

Fun Class “Doggie Costume” $ 5.00-Halloween Spooktacular

Karen

Our AMHR shows here run approx $10 per judge... so a two-judge show has $20 class fee and a three-judge show has a $30 per class fee.

Andrea

We charge a per class fee of $15 (open and ammy) and $7 (youth)--that's what we charged this year for 3 judges, and it's the same as we charged last year for 4 judges. We also have an unlimited fee of $45. If a youth is showing in youth classes only then the unlimited fee is $20. If that youth shows the horse in open classes he/she must pay the open fee instead.

Our AMHR shows here run approx $10 per judge... so a two-judge show has $20 class fee and a three-judge show has a $30 per class fee.Andrea
Yes that is more like it as a good credible "carded" R or A judge his basic fee is going to be 400 bucks a day plus expenses.

And I have 2 friends that are carded in both registries and that is what their basic judges fees start at.

Use instate judges (Not from Club) to minimize travel expenses & for larger shows allow one out of state judge

are you asking about R shows or A shows ?? I have went to A shows ALL OVER the country this year and know all the different fees all the clubs have charged.

I have only shown with one club. What I don't like is they have a fee for members ($15) and another fee for non-members (of their club($40). Ofcourse they have 4 judges per show. I only get to go to the two shows in 5 days because they are local. This year I am going to try to go to regionals too. I am also going to try to do the showing myself in more than one class. instead of just having Jessie do all of the showing. Last year I just didn't have enough money.

are you asking about R shows or A shows ?? I have went to A shows ALL OVER the country this year and know all the different fees all the clubs have charged.
OK, you're just bragging now about all your shows -LOL I'm kidding; no I'm jealous! I also heard about your trailer purchase. Next time you see a deal like that remember ME!

Seriously congrats on all your wins this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back