show carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Ridge Farm

Reaction score
Okay...I am just starting out on driving and was wondering if I can use an easy entry cart to show in.......what are the rules.

Thanks!
default_unsure.png
:

Yes, you can use an EE to show in and many people do especially at the smaller shows. The bigger the show, the less you will see EE carts. There are not any rules against using one.

Jill,

That's good news. I had someone tell me that I could not use my EE cart. I really don't want to spend more money when I don't even know if this is something my horse and I can do....

:bgrin I feel sooo much better !!

That is what I used at the local show. Be sure everything fits properly. One driver had the rein caught under the breast strap buckle and it counted against her. I let my reins drag under the cart and that is a big no-no!

Good luck and have fun!

LOL marsha... funny I hooked my martingale up wrong for NATIONALS..i have no idea how we managed to do it..i think because we were rushing but i was looking at my nationals photo's when they came back and was like WHAT!?!? MY MARTINGALE HAS BOTH RINGS ON ONE REIN!! LOL.. it was for my tandem class and i'm assuming since i was getting help to hitch them both somewhere along the way we messed up with the lead horse..LOL OPSIE..

Ya'll have made me feel sooo much better.....before I drive at any shows, I will have someone make sure everything is hooked, ringed or whatever where it is supposed to be. My Mare just turned three and I have had one lesson with someone elses horse and cart. OMG what fun!!! I am still a little nervous but hope to grow out of it
default_wacko.png
: I got such a great deal on the show harness and cart and then was told I could not use it......thanks again
default_smile.png

well i'd say go ahead and use it..is it a A/R show? Honestly if your going to be doing many of them and you want to be competitive..i'd probably get a nicer cart than a regular EZ entry.... but just getting your toes wet i'd see how things go with the EZ. There is certainly no rules saying you CAN'T use one..they just dont' look as nice.

Just in case it helps, I have won some classes at AMHR shows in my really awesome Houghton show cart, but I have also taken 2nds, 3rds, to someone in a frontier easy entry cart just like the one I play with at home minus the rust and dirt :bgrin

I do agree that if you really like showing at the shows, you'll eventually want more of a show cart, but while you're figuring out "what" you want to do with your driving, I think using the EE is perfectly fine.

I've got several EE carts along with my show cart, but one of the EE is a wooden one with wooden patent wrapped shafts. It's for sure pretty enough for most local level registry shows. Just mentioning it because it was affordable at under $600. It's pretty enough for most shows (not area National, Championship, or Nationals probably) but also sturdy enough to play with at home. I'd never take my houghton out in the field, but this wooden one I would and have
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back