Show cart leg room

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renee

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a show cart and was wondering if anyone knows which one would have the most leg room. I'm 5'10" and need all the room I can get and still have a balanced cart. Any help? Thanks!

Renee

Ask Boinky. They make nice carts and there is plenty of leg room. I just wish the seat was wider and thinner. Other wise a very nice cart.

I have an older Jerald and a new one, and I've noticed there is more leg room in the new one. They have redesigned the basket to be deeper - I'm not your height, but my knees are far from being in my face LOL.

Jan

Thanks for the information. Does anyone have a Graber or Double Diamond cart?

We have both a Superior Sulky show cart & a Jerald -- the Jerald has more leg room -- but the Suprior is fine as well- the Jerald is lower so is much easier to get into with my arthritis though.

Once I am in -- no problem -- I am short but my husband is 6 ft. and hs has no peoblem with either one.

I have been looking at Boink's --they seem to compare to my Superior cart.

I have both a Graber and a Jerald, and have another Graber on order. I must say that, although I do like the Graber for a variety of reasons, the Jerald has more leg room, and a much better seat. It would fit you very comfortably I believe. Ken at Estate Horse Supply is GREAT to work with! http://www.horsecarts.com. If I were really tall I would definitely consider the Jerald.

I'm 5'11". I have a graber and a jerald. Never had a problem with leg room on either. My legs make up for most of my height. And I still sit comfortably in both.

I have a new Jerald and a new Graber now. I honestly love my Graber, don't get me wrong, i like my Jerald alot, but the Graber has the 24 in closed wheels and a lot narrower for driving obstacle. I am putting mine to the test, I know the Jeralds can go a million miles, so I am racking the miles up on my Graber now and will see how it holds up too, but so far so good. The only thing is how much money do you have??? a little over 1100 for a Graber or a little over 2000 for a Jerald ??? so money is the real issue.......... my Jerald was on special at Nationals for $2010-included cover/ no wheel covers with Ken at Estate. They give great customer service.......

The cost of the cart isn't a problem. I just want one with enough leg room. Does anyone have a Boinky cart for comparison?

Renee

Grabers have a shallower and narrower basket compared to Jeralds, but I don't know about a Houghton.

The cost of the cart isn't a problem. I just want one with enough leg room. Does anyone have a Boinky cart for comparison?

Renee
horseshow.jpg

My neice is 5'2" and you can see the amount of leg room. I am 5'4" and still a ton of room. There is more leg room in the Boinky cart than my easy entry cart and my brother that is 6' tall sits in with no problem. knees are not up under his chin. In the picture however, we had the wrong shafts on it so it was a bit large for the horse.

Sorry it took so long to post here. I can do measurements of our baskets for comparison today while i'm out and about. Unfortunatly i'm 5'4" and have short leg so i cannot speak from tall person experience about leg room. our baskets are almost too deep for me i can barely touch the bottom and i usually use the slanted part to rest one foot/brace on. I haven't had any complaints from anyone though as to not having leg room. I personally use my for all of my training purposes so i beat them around a lot and i think they are pretty comfortable and for the price they aren't a whole lot more than an EZ entry (our used models sell for about the same as many EZ's) and you can show in them too. I've sold several to people just as training carts.

Measurements would be wonderful! I have a Pequa EZ entry that has plenty of leg room for me. It has a more square than slanted basket and I could compare the measurements. Thanks again!

Renee

Latest posts

Back