Should I

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
I am considering running for another term as representative for region 2 on the AMHA Board of Directors. I served 2 three year terms, then have been off for the past 3 years. It is a costly venture, tough on the budget.

So, what are your thoughts? No holds barred, please be candid.

It is a costly venture, tough on the budget.

That would speak volumes to me!

I am not in your region but I do appreciate how seriously you have taken your role. I really want to compliment you on how much you communicate with the rest of us; you monitor this forum and respond promptly with an intelligent, reasoned response. You are direct without being insulting, and you are open and approachable. You do a great job!

With that said, I understand the financial and personal sacrifices people make to take on this responsibilty. Only you can determine if it works for you anymore. I hope it does, but understand completely.

Thanks so much for your service. Best, Mary

To you feel the need ? Will it make you happy ? Will it stress you out ?

Go for it Jody!
default_yes.gif

I know you're seriously thinking about it, or you wouldn't have asked
default_smile.png

If you have the will , belief, and desire to change the things you can and accept those you cannot you will make a unselfish comittment by doing so and for which graditude will not be your biggest reward. Knowing this follow your heart

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I haven't responded before now, somehow, my settings got changed and I didn't get notifications of any of your responses.

Thanks so much for all of the kind compliments.

The job is maddening and stressful to say the least, but I miss it for some unfathomable reason.

Something that saddens me is not one nomination form was submitted for region 2! I sent an email to some AMHA officers expressing interest, but only if the current people holding positions don't want to serve another term or if new people want to step up.

I'll have to give it some deep thought thanks to all the Heath issues I have been dealing with lately.

I have some thinking to do,

I say YES! I always was glad you were on it in the past
default_smile.png

Susan O.

I have withdrawn my bid for candidacy as I just found out our region has been reduced to one board member from 3 and I won't run against Julie Good who is eligible for and interested in running for a second term.

I did ask for them to send me the number of members in our region as this was the deciding factor in reducing the number of directors.

Well keep it in mind for the future, Jody
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back