SHOULD HAVE NEVER GOTTEN OUT OF BED THIS MORNING

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hahler

Reaction score
Ok I got up at 6:30 this morning and made my coffee thinking about how im going to enjoy a day off (we all know how that goes) i got on the phone at 7:30 to call clients to schedule my week since nationals are coming up. At 7:45 i look out my porch window and ALL of my horses (9 full size) are running full bore up the drive way. I had them pastured about a 1/2 mile from here until the pasture is unleased from the other dude in Sept.

Ok im still trying to figure out how they ended up down here at that time come to find out they were out by the main highway and no one had my phone number but they knew where i lived. A "good" samaritain (sp) decided to chase them to my house but one big problem i have a 6' wide cattle guard at the entrance to my place and anyone who has horses knows that the 2 dont mix considering there is a 6 month old colt with them. thank the gods they are all ok must have jumped it. So now i have to quickly put up a fence around 4 acres with minimal supplies i had 9 new posts in my truck other wise i was digging in the open barns to see what was left here. had to spread them out alittle farther then i wanted so its worked. Found enough barb wire to go around it but didnt have any fence ties (gotta love baling wire) and before anyone cruxifies me about barb wire, smooth and electric wont work with my knot heads they know if they hit it hard enough it wont hurt. Then i have to find enough of the annoying plastic grocery bags to tie on the fence (good thing i didnt burn trash last nite) got that all done and fenced. FINALLY

Then realize im out of dog and human food so run to town to get that and on the way baack i suddenly remember i left the water running to the stock tank and im not on well water.

When i get back they are mowing the cemetary that came with this place spooking the 2 colts and not caring, as they are running around it is driving twister (my stud) nuts that he cant keep everyone together it was worse then a circus here.

Started the chores fed the dogs, hayed the minis, and when it came time to graining the little ones the big ones said "WHAT ABOUT US?" so had to give them some to.

So i am finally able to sit down and its almost 7

WHAT DAY OFF?
default_wacko.png

thank you that was my weekly rant

P.S. i got blisters under my callusis now so OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't ya just hate days like that! It seems when I get up knowing what I'm doing that day something always happens to change things. Oh well guess the key to it is just staying flexible. LOL

oh YEAH! I had one of those days last week.

My house cat ran out the front door( he is not allowed out) couldn't find him but he eventually came back.

I spilled an entire large McDonalds Sweet Tea all over my brand new F150 front seats, what a mess.

One of the horses had a colic , fortunately it lasted only about 24 hours and I was able to fix it.

My wheel barrow broke and was unfixable and I had to buy a new one.

My stallion was playing with my gelding and cut his knee.

My nephew and his wife split up.

it was a rotten day! But I guess it could have been worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had one of those days for a while, but I sure can relate!!! Glad you're sitting down and relaxing.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back