Shocking surprise in the courtroom

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great they decided to keep him in jail...and it was a suprise to hear he knew what he did. Am very Relieved for your family and happy he will not get out to hurt another family. <HUGS> Marty.

Glad to hear he will stay behind bars.

Isn't it odd that his attorney let them go ahead with the hearing. Such a waste of all of those involved's time and the cost to the taxpayers for the hearing.

That is such great news, Marty. So glad for you.

Marty,

I am so glad to hear of this news. I do hope it brings some comfort to the hearts left behind. God Bless!!! Nicole

Oh Marty, I am so very, very glad for all of you!

I'm glad he has remorse and will spend his life behind bars thinking about what he has done to an innocent boy and his family and friends.

OMG Marty. I just cant find the words to express how happy I am for you all.

Marty, Jerry and Dan you can now move forth and live the life that Michael would want you to live.

default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif

I'm so glad for you guys. I prayed everyday that there would be a good out come.

Love and Hugs,

Christy

Marty This is such great news, I know it won't bring Michael back but at least you won't have to worry about this guy being released early and doing to another family what he did to yours. I think the best thing is that he asked to be kept behind bars, do you think Michael was talking to him and showing him the error of his ways, I like to believe that. He was that kind of a kid. Hugs to all of you.

Yvonne

Marty, all I can say is WOW. I had tears streaming down my face before I was even 1/3 of the way through your post. And by the end, I could hardly see the words.

It is good to know that so many people took time to see that justice was enforced. And it is also good to see that those that are running the hearings are listening. Our time take to write was not for nothing and I am glad that we all joined in to let the authorities know that justice is very important.

And it is good to see that the person that did this terrible crime is trying to face what happened. Yet, while hopefull that he will learn, I also think that he is only doing this because he is sober. If let loose in the world, he would go right back to the way he was. But at least for now he is admitting his guilt and trying to make some small effort to appologize. I know that nothing will ever be good enough from him, but his admission does help to free that hatred that you and your family have been living under.

God bless you all, and I hope that you now can have hope for peace in your hearts.

I will add my quiet congratulations.

This story has affected me since the moment I first heard what had happened to your Michael, and I know it will always be with me. Thank you for this update.

Liz

Marty, I know this very hard for you. You and your family have been in my thoughts the minute I first what happened to Michael.. I am very relieved to read that scum of the Earth will STAY where he belongs.. And this forum is wonderful.. So many people on here do so many amazing things for others.. I am so glad everyone had so many responses to them and I am so glad to be part of such a caring and wonderful "family"..
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Marty. I am so happy to hear this. You, Jerry and Dan will finally have some of the peace you all so deserve. Now maybe you can have the life Michael would want you all to have. Hugs to your family, Heidi

This is GREAT to hear! Marty, your loving tribute to Michael, his website, obviously made a big impact on this man, kudos to you!! And that you managed to be able to talk at the hearing, that is so wonderful. You make a huge difference in this world, for the good, and it is such a pleasure to know you.
default_wub.png

Marty, I have not read all the responses here, but wanted to post before my thoughts left me. I'm so happy you are beginning to feel some peace in this issue. God can heal. I'm also glad that the guy responsible for all this is not asking for parole. Perhaps God has spoken to his heart also. God not only heals, he can also forgive, even some of the most shocking and terrible sins, if we will truely ask his forgiveness.

Hatred does us more harm than it does to the person we hate. I know that's easier to say than it is to live. I've been there. Don't want to go again.

God bless you and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then came the shocker. The chaplin handed him a note. He anounced that the killer was not coming. He said he has declined to attend this parole hearing and sent this written statement to us: He feels that he does not deserve parole and he wants to remain in prison and carry out his full sentence. That 5 1/2 years is not barely enough time served for taking another life and he wants to stay there. He has had two years to learn all about Michael, what kind of kid he was, and feels he almost knows him now from what he has been told------- and apparently he visits Michael's website often, and he does not want to be set free at all.
---------

I cannot even begin to describe what this feels like. Like some huge weight has been lifted.
Praise God. Holding you and your precious family in our warmest love, hugs and continued fervant prayers.

In His Hands,

Tanya & Family

[SIZE=12pt]What a blessing
default_smile.png
Hopefully this will allow you and your family to heal. The burden of anger although justified, is a very heavy burden to bare.[/SIZE]

I wish for you peace, tranquility, serenity, continuity and happy memories of your sweet boy.

Joy

May God Bless you Marty (and your family) with Peace.

May God Bless the criminal as well, to continue his accountability and repair others' wounds.

Wow Marty!!!! thats all I can say, just wow.

You have all been thru so much. Maybe God is speaking to this mans heart.

Lyn

Marty, I am so glad that it went well.

I am proud to know you, I am very proud of you. You were brave, and continue to be brave. You are an amazing woman, with an amazing family. May God bless you all with His peace.

love,

Robin

Latest posts

Back