SHOCK OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini1

Reaction score
As some of you may know, when my parents retired (Circle S Miniture Overo Horses), they gave the last 2 mares they had to my daughter and myself. Small World Miss Bay is 27 years old and Wild n Wooly's Sweet Lips is 14 and presumed barren as she has not had a foal for 3 years even though she was pastured with a stallion every summer. They did not want to sell them as they are very special horses and didn't want to take a chance on them going to a bad home.

Anyway, I brought the mares home the first of November 2007. This spring they were put on pasture, no problems. Late this afternoon when I went to check on them I was greeted by not 2 but 3 horses.

SWEET LIPS FOALED!!!

You could have knocked me over. I was speechless and for those who know me, that is not easy to do.

If I had any idea that there was even the remotest possibility that she was bred she would have been in the barn. She had no bag (baby is getting milk though) and showed absolutely NO baby belly. There is very little difference in her appearance before and after baby.

I am just absolutely 100% flabbergasted. I am so worked up over this I don't know which end is up, I am so thrilled!!

The baby daddy is Circle S Bright Impression (overo), son of Circle S Midge and Bar L's Bright Beginning (overo).

The home of Circle S Miniature Overo Horses is now underwater due to the flooding at Oakville, Iowa (Mom and Dad retired last year and moved to high ground, the farm was sold to new owners last fall which is the reason I have the last 2 mares). I have spent several days of the last week sandbagging to help shore up the levees.

I guess I haven't told you what the baby is: 19" tall black and white pinto filly and cute as the dickens (I may be biased though), don't know if she has blue eyes yet, I forgot to look.

Anyway, since she was born during the flood, I would like to give her a related name. My first idea is

Circle S Bright River Rising. If anyone has any good name ideas, I would love to hear them. The only requirement is that the name prefix is: "Circle S Bright".

This is the last horse produced by Circle S Miniature Overo Horses.

Thanks for letting me gush!!

Kelly

Congrats -- would love to see pictures... Sounds like she is a special little girl
default_smile.png

Congratulations! What a rush that must have been. I'm certain your parents are proud.
default_aktion033.gif

Where's the picture????
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

I was so flustered I forgot to take my camera. I have never posted a pic before bt will try to get one up as soon as I can.

Kelly

Wow, what a surprise. Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
I love the name you picked for the little girl and hope you'll share some pictures soon. Big fan of Circle S minis here
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your "surprise" Kelly ! Can't wait to see photos.

Steph

Congrats on your little filly, would love to see pics.

Well, congratulations Kelly!! What a surprise that must have been! Looks like Circle S is going to live on. I bet your parents are just as surprised as you are.

I think you have the perfect name.
default_biggrin.png

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
OMG Kelly I am so THRILLED for you and for the miniature horse world that there is another beautiful Circle S horse in our world! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of this baby! And I love the name 'River Rising'.
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

On another note .. it's so sad to hear the farm is now underwater. Thank goodness Dwight & Jan aren't living there anymore. Y'all stay safe. We pray for everyone in the flood areas.

Charlotte

p.s. Circle S Bright Reflection's daughter, Reflections Star Bright, just acquired more World Championships at PtHA. Please let your folks know.

Hi Kelly,

Not sure if you remember, but I own Tiffany and Princess. Congrats on your newest addition. I can only imagine your shock. How great that Circle S continues to live on. Please post pics. Give your Mom and Dad our best.

Congratulations on your filly and I like the name you have picked out for her. I can't wait to see pictures.

Love your story and your excitement, I think you have chosen the perfect name for her.

I love the name and feel your excitement! Wow! Congratulations! Like others, would love to see a picture of this little miracle girl!!!!!!!

Viki

Thanks everyone!!

I don't think Mom and Dad believed me when I told them last night. Dad called me back later and asked me some more questions. I think he thought I was going to say it was all a joke. I think they are going to have to see her to believe it.

It's 7:30 am now and I am going to take pictures today in the sunlight. Hopefully, I can get some shots up by this afternoon (more likely by this evening though).

What a great story! I can feel your excitement, and can't wait to see the pics of your legacy baby. I think you've already chosen the perfect name too.

How about Moon River ?

I Love that mare. I stared at her a number of times on your parents website.

Can't wait to see the foal!!

Latest posts

Back