SHOCK COLLAR for a MINI????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh good Grief............

I hope this thread will be locked soon.

The original question was a valid one and as I was reading everyone, there were wonderful valid responses.

Sadly someone on here is very vindictive and I don't deal with people like that.

Let's get back to the subjects at hand............

MA

PS: I had no opinion of my own on the original question. I learned a lot just by reading. I hope others did too.

I will say that I am not surprised that some "long standing members" did this, and if this is what they need to feel secure, than have at it. But just so you are clear, the joke is on you.

I just want to say to some of the others on this particular thread, that while I may have a different opinion on this topic, or any topic, I certainly respect yours, and what I respect even more is the fact that you have no interest in being apart of the nonsense that some people call entertaining.

For those of you who know about this secret forum or thread or whatever, could someone please PM me or email me at [email protected] If you have copied it I would be interested in seeing it.

Thanks

Fairytale and Miniv, I think your intentions are quite obvious. Perhaps this forum that you go to to vent should be kept private so that you are not hurting anyones feelings. You are right to say that we all have said things about other people, and probably mean things at times, the difference is that anyone with a heart and a little class wouldn't do it in an open forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Matt. Jokes on them...
default_sad.png
I would also like a copy of that secret forum.

I want a copy too! where is this secret forum?
default_laugh.png

Shelia B.

Well the intention was to get a lively discussion going. That was what happened. It was a good discussion I thought . Also a interesting one that brought out many points. personally I am not ashamed to say I belong to the other forum. The people on it are good people who sincerely try to help . Oh It is a private forum, not a public one so the person who decided to go to Mary Lou was badly off base. If the thread is copied and passed around ,"You are passing private thoughts and things said around " . Like someone copying and pasting private messages. It will probably be done because several took things personally that were not meant to be . I am sorry there were hurt feeling, Just remember we are all human and do make mistakes.

My best to all

Cheryl

[SIZE=12pt]Shelia, if they told it wouldn't be a secret
default_unsure.png
...I'll shut up now...
default_shutup.gif
...Nikki[/SIZE]

The idea of a mistake is that you learn from it. So hopefully, if it is indeed as innocent as you say, the people involved will learn from it.

Even though I was gone for several hours, I am kind of getting the jist of what I was confused about prior. But I still don't understand a few things.

First off, "we were talking about things being dull and needing fired up" WHAT?? There is nothing dull about Lil Beginnings, and certainly things don't need to be "fired up" to be interesting.

Secondly, "What happened here was a case of a joke that went too far". Why on earth would ANYONE need to make ANY subject a hidden joke? Whether or not they will fess up later?? (and saying that the joke would have been divulged later does not make it okay).

Isn't this a legitimate place of learning and sharing where members, especially newbies, TRUST other members to share their knowledge and thoughts in HONESTY and FORTHRIGHTNESS and INTEGRITY???

Even thinking up this kind of a joke is senseless to me. It only plays others against each other and upsets them or whatever.. point is, you are just sitting back to see what happens while you "play". That has no place, no matter how innocently begun, ANYWHERE. It simply is not how you treat other people. I am all for a good joke but not through falsehood or pretense or deception. As was posted, this was a perfectly good topic to discuss and learn from, so why the deception? and where is the Joke in it??

The deception is where the harm is because trust is a delicate privaledge. Whether or not intent to hurt was there, is not relevant to me. Intent to deceive was. There is no such thing as a little lie or a little coniving or a little con. It is still the act, regardless of the process. And it is still wrong. I am not being judgemental, I am being truthful, honest, upright, and calling black black and white white. I am also not mad nor am I hurt. I came back to Lil Beginnings after a long pause, was here since 1997 before. I left because of the spitefullness and viciousness of some of the replies to posts. Now I'm just saddened and disappointed. I will stay but no longer be so open.

Even if this post had been a "feel good" post, it would still be the same because it's based on deception no matter how you look at it. The post topic may be factual, but the intent of the thread is not.

I very much hope those responsible and involved have learned from this. You don't fool with people and maintain their trust or respect, regardless of the subject matter or intent.

I have learned a lot, ignored stuff I didn't think would work for me, asked a few questions, laughed at things, got mad at things, etc..I could go on and on.

My point is this is a open forum so there are many, many people who's age, background, experience and abilities vary greatly. This will ALWAYS cause problems, debates, disagreements (whatever you choose to call it). Does that make it bad, no, not in my opinion anyway.

I belong to a few forums and "issues" occur regularly on all of them, that's part of life, especially in cyberspace when people are sitting in front of a monitor vs. talking face to face.

So some of these members have another place to chat...how is that any different than sending an email or PM, other than it doesn't clutter your inbox, you read when you want to, respond when you want to, etc. The only difference I see is someone who wan't a member of the "other place" found out...I must say, I don't know what was said but if someone was complaining to a friend,wether it be one friend face to face or 500 friends on a private forum, they are going to be caught up in the moment and say many things, possibly "ugly" and hurtful things.........I don't know about you all but that is why I vent to my friends, so I don't say those kind of things to the person or people I am upset with. It gives me the chance to "get things off my chest" so to speak and once the anger or annoyance is gone I can deal more appropriately with the situation whatever it may be....

That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth......I've been reading on here for quite a while, had issues joining, got that taken care of and read daily and will continue to do so.

If all this is going to be discussed on a public forum......can the true issues be explained instead of some know stuff others don't?? Guess I'm clueless cuz I just don't understand what had happened or why?? What is going on? Why did it happen? Who was involved? Why does it always have to be so cryptic here? Splain to the rest of us, Lucy!!!!

I respectfully requested this thread be canceled and closed. I have seen far less destructive threads closed, please close this before more pain is inflicted.

We did prove one point......our forum was a secret for one reason. Had all of the petty people here known about all of us "communicating, psychic, sensitive, etc. people" here on LB we would have been condemned and scorned, just like we are being now.

Most of you have known us for years.....upon years.......yet you now are crucifying a certain few because of one harmless incident that was meant in jest.

YES, it was a mistake, we admit that. Should we crucify you for the mistakes you've made as HUMAN BEINGS???

PS thank you OwnedBySockit, you speak a great truth

I have learned a lot, ignored stuff I didn't think would work for me, asked a few questions, laughed at things, got mad at things, etc..I could go on and on.

My point is this is a open forum so there are many, many people who's age, background, experience and abilities vary greatly. This will ALWAYS cause problems, debates, disagreements (whatever you choose to call it). Does that make it bad, no, not in my opinion anyway.

I belong to a few forums and "issues" occur regularly on all of them, that's part of life, especially in cyberspace when people are sitting in front of a monitor vs. talking face to face.

So some of these members have another place to chat...how is that any different than sending an email or PM, other than it doesn't clutter your inbox, you read when you want to, respond when you want to, etc. The only difference I see is someone who wan't a member of the "other place" found out...I must say, I don't know what was said but if someone was complaining to a friend,wether it be one friend face to face or 500 friends on a private forum, they are going to be caught up in the moment and say many things, possibly "ugly" and hurtful things.........I don't know about you all but that is why I vent to my friends, so I don't say those kind of things to the person or people I am upset with. It gives me the chance to "get things off my chest" so to speak and once the anger or annoyance is gone I can deal more appropriately with the situation whatever it may be....

That's just my 2 cents for what it's worth......I've been reading on here for quite a while, had issues joining, got that taken care of and read daily and will continue to do so.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
very well stated.

I completely agree.

I guess I'm more surprised then anything by this thread. I know that a lot of people are hurt...on both sides of this issue. I think that the people here have a right to be upset, that they have been hurt in debates that started out as jokes. But I also understand that this is not the only forum on the internet, and members here have other places that they go to have discussions and vent their frustrations. I know how things can start out as fun and before you know it, something happens and things go too far.

I happen to know the person who "outted" the person behind Fugly Horse Of The Day, and although it was retaliation for someone who was hurt, I think that it proved that no matter what precautions you take, nothing online is private. Don't say something that you'll regret, should someone else see it. I hope that this proves an important lesson for everyone out there, to think before you type. I also hope this blows over soon, and that friendships can be saved.
default_yes.gif

Let's just try to remember that even though this may not have been the best thing for these forum members to do, most of them are responisble for sharing the knowledge that has helped to save many of the horses on this forum. One stupid thing, shouldn't outweigh the good that they have contributed to this forum. And just to clarify, I was not a member on the secret forum. I just know some of the members involved, and I would still look to them for sound advice if I needed it.

I don't know who was involved in this. But, maybe it is why I don't socialize much. You never know who you can trust.

Still don't know much, but maybe those who felt it was "fun" to poke fun of LB and it's members should just stay on their "secret" forum so they have a place to "vent".

The forum was a place where i could come and people didnt seem to make fun of me and were actually very nice people where I could go for help...that trust is gone now and I am very ashamed of all of you involved. Goes to show you cant trust anyone but yourself.
default_no.gif

It's the Season
default_wub.png

Not sure what all happened
default_new_shocked.gif

Forgiveness is a Choice

Do not use the excuse that you are waiting until you feel like forgiving – it will probably never happen. It only hurts you if you continue to let your emotions rule your life. Forgiveness is a choice! It doesn't matter how you spell forgiveness, whether it be forgivness or forgivenes, the fact remains, forgiveness is a choice!

If you really forgive someone, you no longer blame that person, even though they may be guilty.

If you do not blame a person, you cannot resent them.

If you do not resent them you cannot hold any bitterness in your heart.

If you do not hold bitterness then you do not get all emotionally tied up with anger and hate towards that person.

If you do not hate then you do not stay emotionally and physically bound with illnesses

I guess it all boils down to the fact that people can present themselves as nice, decent people online when in reality they really aren't in real life. I've had experience with someone myself this year who I trusted implicitly and because I did trust them, they were able to hurt me very badly. You just never know who is on the other side of that screen and who they truly are. You just never know who to trust and you end up not being able to trust anyone or to believe in their "niceness". I thought LB was different, but maybe it's not.
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back