Shirley Temple died

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
She was an American TREASURE!

Thank you Shirley for all you did for us.

Shirley Temple, who rose to fame as arguably one of the most famous child actresses in Hollywood history, has died, according to her publicist. She was 85.Shirley Temple, who rose to fame as arguably one of the most famous child actresses in Hollywood history, has died, according to her publicist. She was 85.

awwww. I have watched Shirley temple movies for more than 50 years. She is one of my favorites, I love black and white films. I still enjoy the tap dance scene on the stairs that Shirley does with Bojangles in the movie the little colonel. She was an amazing child and an amazing adult.

Truthfully, I have heard of her, and seen pics of her, but not sure I even watched movies with her, or if I did, did not know who she was. I wasn't even aware that she was still alive up to now.
default_no.gif

Shirley Temple movies were a special treat when we went to stay with my grandmother. We would watch and sing along. "My duck can do a wonderful trick. My duck can lay an egg!"

To be honest I hadn't thought of her in a few years, and was shocked this morning when I heard the news. The little girl next door to me had a Shirley Temple doll and I was so jealous of her, but I did have the curls.

I had the dresses and I also remember my mom giving me a "toni perm" that made my hair curly all over.. LOL. My mom dressed me in dresses that stood straight out and had petticoats underneath when I was little just like the ones Shirley wore.

I ran into somebody once that went to elementary school with me, she said, "you look exactly the same except you aren't wearing dresses that stand straight out". Evidently somebody else remembered those dresses.

Probably why you mostly never see me in anything but jeans as an adult. haha

Last edited by a moderator:
She was beautiful inside and out all the days of her life. I loved her book Child Star.

Her father took and squandered all of her money.
default_sad.png

I still watch her movies.

I think there'll be a Special on her on TCM March 9th at 4:30 PM if anyone is interested.

Robin, if you will let me know your mailing address there is something Shirley I would like to send you.

Received Antique Weekly today and there was an article about her.

She retired from acting when she was 22 because she was "tired of pretending". She married Charles Black in 1950. Delegate to the UN, ambassador to Ghana, chief of protocol for President Ford, and ambassador to Czech, serving there during the fall of Communism in Eastern Europe. She was more photographed than FDR. Kissinger said she was "very intelligent, tough minded, very disciplined".

During the Depression, she lifted hearts with her sunny optimism and 56 perfect ringlets!

Reactions: REO
What a wonderful person and a great loss. My family too grew up watching her movies that I think were just delightful. Always a favorite and truly a sad loss. She was one in a million.

She was quite the woman. One of the few "girlie" figures I enjoyed growing up (I was the tomboy.) I learned about her political career during high school, and I wanted to be a UN translator so I could have a chance emulate her. Didn't develop her self-discipline until joining this forum and receiving all your encouragement.

Wish there were more public figures like her, and that the media would bring them to the forefront to be recognized. (Instead of worrying about whether or not the hottest pop star had on panties in that revealing photo.. :-( )

Latest posts

Back