Shipping Horses to Canada

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
We have had several potential clients contact us recently about buying our horses in the United States and wanting them shipped to Canada.

I have shipped throughout the US and overseas, but not to Canada.

Can anyone tell me who is a reliable horse transporter that they have used ??

And any other insights about shipping to Canada ???

I can recommend Linda of Equine Xpress; she is based in Ontario but does haul into the US, and is fully licensed to bring horses across the border into Canada. She will look after your horses well too! She does make trips out to BC and down into the US along the west coast, so she might be able to help you out. She is a member of this forum (Equine Xpress is her user name) so perhaps send her a message and see what she can arrange for you.

I've also used International Horse Transport here in Canada; they will arrange for a US hauler to pick the horse up and bring it to the border, and then IHT picks the horse up there and delivers it to wherever in Canada--they are excellent transporters; I've used them several times and couldn't be more pleased with the service. I know they bring a lot of horses in from the east coast, I'm not sure they have equal connections on the west coast--seems to me that they told me the west coast was more difficult, but that was a long time ago & things may have changed.

I was going to recommend Linda too! She is here in Ontario, has a very nice rig and takes good care of the horses. You will need a coggins and international health cert for your horse/s and there is one other health paper you need right at the moment although that may be lifted by now as they said it was only very temporary. Check with your federal vet for requirements for export.

Many of us in Southwestern Ontario use Mary Mykytyn.

I have total confidence in her services and she is very good at keeping you informed and up to date on her locations.

She takes lots of time and takes good care of her animals.

I would never hesitate to recommend her services to anyone.

I also recommend LInda Reinders of Equine Express to ship your horses. She does a fantastic job and really keeps a good eye on the horses while traveling! We have had her ship several horses and we were very pleased.

I also reccomend Linda, she is great and has minis herself so knows how to take great care of the horses. And she is very experienced at the cross border hauling.

Thank you all for your help!

A consensus too!
default_biggrin.png

Hello everyone and thank you, for the recommendations

Exporting to Canada Requirements

Current Coggins within 6 months

30 Day health/export certificate, to be endorsed by the Federal vet.

CEM document also endorsed by the Federal Vet.

Bill of Sale.

All horses importing to Canada are subject to Brokers fees and 5% GST

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Linda.

I have added you to my Horse Transportation list with the requirements.

I also reccomend Mary Mykytyn. I've used her on many occasions and she constantly keeps in touch. I used her when she had a little 2 horse bumper hitch when she was first starting out but now she has a gorgeous rig with cameras to watch the horses. It is safe for minis as the standing stalls are like little boxstalls. She shipped my Cross Country bred stallion up from Arkansas a few years back and she shipped for me in November 4 minis, one from Manitoba and 3 from Ontario and they all arrived in great shape. She has shipped many others for me as well. I highly reccomend her.

Latest posts

Back