She's making a big fat liar out of me!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
So as soon as I post a blog about Melody and I not having a strong bond, she goes and does this! Am I wrong or is this not normal horsey behavior? I have never had a horse that would lay down with me and take a nap! And she has done this on numerous occasions! This time was the sweetest though. Peatrie and Buddy were there too.

What ever will I do lol :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is very unique and very sweet. Melody is that comfortable with you that she'll relax and doze off flat out.

Read your post earlier, and from the things you've said in previous posts, it seems to me like she is pretty special to you; maybe just a different kind of bond than that which you've had with other horses. It's hard to compare those, because every situation is different.

How sweet. Looks like you have a very special bond with Melody. My gelding will lay flat out and sleep with his head on my lap, and my baby used to sleep in my lap all the time. Its great when they really love you enough to just relax and be put to sleep by your touch.

I love her
default_wub.png

Aghhhhh, once again it won't let me view your videos! :arg!

It's just sitting there saying 'loading'. Must be something at work blocking it I guess?

It's not fair! i want to see the videos of Melody!!

>>>> sulking in the corner now<<<<<
default_sad.png

She is precious but poor baby is so stressed. If only she could find some time to just chill out and relax
remybussi.gif

Most of the horses would nap with me when they were babies, but they seem to lose that comfort level as adults. I only have two mature horses that will do that--my Arab that I've had for 13 years, and a homebred mare that still thinks she's my baby after 12 years. It is rare--I think you underestimated your bond.
default_wub.png

If she could talk she'd tell you that she loves you

Ah I am sorry Leonie! I wish you could see them too! Maybe somebody else will let you use their computer? One that will let you view them! Is it just my videos or everyone that posts a video?

Aghhhhh, once again it won't let me view your videos! :arg!

It's just sitting there saying 'loading'. Must be something at work blocking it I guess?

It's not fair! i want to see the videos of Melody!!

>>>> sulking in the corner now<<<<<
default_sad.png

It must be just videos on Photobucket. I have had problems watching Marty's videos and I think she also uses photobucket.

That is very sweet.

Not many horses will let their gaurd down enough to lay down, since in that position they are most vulnerable as prey animals. It really says a lot when a horse will do that in the presence of a human at all, let alone close enough to be touched and stuff.

Sometimes you'll find horses, like my mare Princess and big horse Mesa, who dont mind petting em or laying on em when they're down, but they dont just lay down if you're right there. My 2 year old gelding Charm though, he has known since he was a baby that cuteness is my weakness, and that laying down is the one thing I find most positively cute. LOL. he uses it against me in training. If I ask him to do something that he simply just doesn't feel like doing, he'll plop down in my lap.
default_rolleyes.gif
Also if he notices me sitting anywhere within spittin distance of him, he'll come lay down.

default_wub.png
I love Miss Melody, thanks for sharing.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back