She's growing like a weed!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you remember my post about how excited I was to be getting a doberman again and I had pictures of when we brought her home at 7 1/2 weeks.

Well she has turned out to be a wonderful addition! She's beautiful and smart. She's learned how to sit, stay, lay, come, shake and even asks to go out. We honestly couldn't be any happier with her!
default_wub.png
Though we have had the WORST time with her ears. We got them done but then when the vet tapped them up all h*ll broke loose. She was always trying to get them off. So within a week of taping them up we took them off and were horrified at what we saw...he ears were raw! Almost all the hair had come off and she had a reaction of some kind to the tape or whatever. She had sores on the top of her head. :shockedNEVER had this happen and shes our 6 doberman that we have had. She has healed and the hair is starting to grow back. We have been tapping her ears up the way we have always done with a much better tape and she hasn't messed with them once. We've been taking them off every 3 days to let them air out then re-tapping them back up again. This morning we took the tape off and are so happy with her ears. Their not perfect but I think she's gorgeous, but then again I am bias
default_biggrin.png

Here are some pictures of her growth...

5 weeks-

3146r8y.jpg

7 1/2 weeks when we brought her home.

jaaw4o.jpg

9 weeks

23tthc.jpg

10 weeks

2i8ycco.jpg

13 weeks (today)

ff3law.jpg

24fd1d5.jpg

Oh what a pretty girl. her ears are doing nicely....I think once she

is 'used' to them they'll be more relaxed looking.

Have you ever tried using a foam hair curler and wrapping them, if they

tip down again, for some soft support rather than putting her back in a

frame?

She's at an age now where her teeth and ears are all needing the calcium

in her body. I used to toss my kids extra Tums. They thought they were

getting a treat and also used cottage cheese as an extra source of calcium.

Last week I was going thru old negatives and slides and found slides

of my female, Saabra's litter of 12 blue and one fawn baby, from back

in 1976. They were so cute.

Now I need to find somerwhere to have slides developed into photos.

What a beauty she is. I used to have dobies but my 3rd one didn't do well with my special needs daughter ( very long story.. was afraid of her and stressed in her company) and I had to keep him apart from the family most of the time because of it. Broke my heart and I haven't had another. They need their people and she's alot for any dog never mind one as emotional and sensitive as a dobie. Still, I envy you, that is a lovely dog
default_wub.png

She is certainly a very beautiful pup, plus she has grown so much since you first posted her pictures.
default_yes.gif

But I'm sorry, I just dont like dobies with the 'up' ears (Danes or others either), I just love the natural, long, flap down ears, so silky to the touch and so relaxing to stroke and fuss when one is a bit stressed.

JMO and doesn't mean that I think your little girl is anything but absolutely gorgeous.
default_wub.png

I love her big doggie feet! It's fun watching them grow into their feet
default_yes.gif

She's a beauty!!!
default_wub.png

I think she is just adorable, but I do agree with Anna, I just love natural ears.

But I'm sorry, I just dont like dobies with the 'up' ears (Danes or others either), I just love the natural, long, flap down ears, so silky to the touch and so relaxing to stroke and fuss when one is a bit stressed.

Latest posts

Back