She'll be driving 4 bay horses when she comes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunQuest

Reaction score
Ok... We want details! Not a blank post! Tee Hee Hee
biggrin.gif

Gee I dont know what happened to that post.

Here is is again.

I have only been driving for a few years. When I first started Jan Multi-hitch had a clinic at the farm where I was able to drive a trained horse and a 2 horse hitch.

Sence then she has allowed me to drive one of the 2 horse teams. Now this weekend I drove her bay 4 horse. What a wreck that was at first. But then it started to come together. What a thrill.
yes.gif
yes.gif
If you have not tried a team let me tell you that it is a trip.

I will be driving this team at the National show and am hoping to get a few more sessions with the team in the next six weeks.

My husband wants to Purchase large life insurance policys on the judges at the show. He is sure that he will rich after I clear the arena with the team. I keep telling him that I dont think I could chase down a moving target at this time and that hitting 3 would require more skill that I have at this time.
laugh.gif

I am going to try to fly out to Jans next week or the week after. I wonder if the judges have any extra sky miles they would donate for their own good?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing all of you at Nationals

Jan

Birdmomjb said:
My husband wants to Purchase large life insurance policys on the judges at the show.  He is sure that he will rich after I clear the arena with the team.  I keep telling him that I dont think I could chase down a moving target at this time and that hitting 3 would require more skill that I have at this time.
laugh.gif
HAhahahahahaha!!! Oh my gosh, what a great reply!
aktion033.gif
laugh.gif
But then again, he's right that you've got FOUR random sets of hooves trying to go different ways that could maybe do it for you. Ya never know!

Best of luck, and of course we want pictures.

Leia

Hey Jan,

I figured you posted a blank post to peek our curiosity! LOL!
risa_suelos.gif

Oh that sounds like a blast! I would LOVE to learn to drive a team!!! See if you can get some pictures when you are practicing as I won't be at nationals to see it! Better yet, post pictures from Nationals as well
yes.gif

Good luck and thanks for reminding everyone to "stay off the sidewalks" Hee hee.

Way to go!
aktion033.gif

We were at Jan's clinic with our black gelding that we were letting people drive. I wonder if I got to meet you there?

Best of luck to you AND the judges!
biggrin.gif

You know, people (judges are people) might jump out of the way if they see a 4 up hitch with a student driver sign on it!

I'm just joking, you'll do GREAT!
yes.gif

REO, Yes we met at Jan's. What a thrill to get to drive and have someone who knew what was needed there to watch. The bitting lession and the lunging helped me a lot.

I was so new to minis that I didn't know any one and it was great to meet some of my fellow mini lovers.

Jan

Jan (Multi-Hitch) is wonderful and really knows her stuff!
yes.gif

We enjoyed her clinic and learned a lot too!

Jan: I was at the driving clinic also. Drove the 4 hitch team too! I was the one who got on the buggy and the horses stopped and wouldn't go so I had to get off and let Jan (multi-hitch) get them going again, then I got back on. Driving 4 is different and not that easy but it was fun. I also drove Reo's little black gelding and he was real good. I'm sure I met you its just the day went by so fast and everyone was trying to learn so there wasn't a lot of time for socializing.

Jacquie

It's going to be a complete "trip" and you are going to have a total blast. I can just see the judges standing there hollering "beam us up Scotty and hurry!" lol

Boy I sure wish I could go and see this Jan.

Just think: a 4 up hitch with a gal that sounds just like Reba McIntire at the reins.....could be way way interesting> You must get pics.

Hey where the heck is Multi-Hitch anyway? Haven't heard anything since she got her horse's back. Would love an update.

oooh how fun! I drove a 2 horse hitch once...it was different for sure. Rod Hart has invited us to come learn to drive his 8 horse hitch of black geldings in Manitoba...I would love to do that one day!

REO..."What black gelding?" LOL
wink.gif

Jacquie we also met there and had quite a few long talks. I think were the greenest greenhorns at that party. Gee it was cold that morning. I wish we had had some of that cold air this weekend it was hot hot hot at Purcell.

Jan

LOL Connie!
biggrin.gif
Yup, it was your Dynasty! He's such a good boy!

He has given many people the thrill of driving their first mini!

We love him!
wub.gif

Hi Marty - Hi ya all -- I'm here, lurking in the background as a guest. For shame, I apologize.
saludando.gif

A 4-up is 80% more work than a pair and Jan (Birdmomjb) did great at it. She deserves alot of credit. By the time she had 15 minutes in practice, she discovered some muscles she didn't know she had, but kept on working. By the time we hitch and drive around the "block" (4 miles) a few times here at the house, and work our figure 8's and cone obstacles, Jan will have it DOWN
aktion033.gif
I am so-o-o-o proud of Jan for taking this on, learning, and for the incredible support and help she has been to me. That Arkansas group, Jan, Shelly, Lil and others are the most wonderful bunch anyone could ever know !!!
yes.gif
yes.gif

I will be in the arena with Jan with the 4-up white team so she'll have company and the boys will have their "mother" watching close at hand. They know their masters voice for sure. Louis won't need his insurance.

The bay team actually (2 of the 4) still belong to Alden and Linda - I'm working on it... They have been driving together for at least 5 years and probably longer. The left wheel horse, Trouble, is 20 years old this year and an absolute LOVE. Jan's grandkids, Katie and Cameron will be driving him in Youth Fancy Turnout besides his work with his other three pals.

It was actually Jan that made Nationals possible for me this year. What with all that has happened here, the fillies being taken (and returned) and losing two of my wonderful mares, my foal crop which consists of ONE, and financial burdens, I was really close to not going at all. Thanks Birdmomjb !! And, I must thank Lenny B - too. It's hard to explain, but as much fun as it is to train and drive a team yourself, it's even more fun to be able to share the wonderful feeling with someone else. Jan has made that possible.

I need to work on you too, Julie. The more the merrier.

Well, I woke up to a soaked kitchen floor this morning - water from ???
new_shocked.gif
I've turned off the water to the fridge and have calls in to two plumbers - so here I sit. Waiting for a call from someone. Oh joy.
rolleyes.gif

Jan, You missed the point with Louis' insurance. He is counting on me making him rich.
new_shocked.gif
He will be so disapointed that this will not be his ship comming in.
biggrin.gif

He keeps looking for ways to finance my bad habit (my animals).

see you soon

Jan

Latest posts

Back