Sheldon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Eight weeks ago our mitted seal point girl, Jasmine, had five little ones. This little guy seemed normal up until a couple of weeks old; usually they just explode growth-wise after that amount of time, but this little one stayed little. By four weeks he was half the size of the other ones and had a sparse coat and no hair on his belly. I was sure he wasn't going to make it, that were was something wrong internally; we have had the odd kitten that did just this. But...at eight weeks old he is now thriving
default_smile.png
. He's got belly hair, he's active/playing, eating well, and just so bright and alert! I think we're going to keep him.

Meet Sheldon! (I don't know how that name popped into my head...it just did lol). Sorry it's a bit grainy (taken with my iPad)

image.jpg

So cute! I love ragdoll kitties!!

He's soo cute. as you know we just got 2 ragdoll females I wanted to name them sheldon and cooper from the big bang theory just joking with my husband they would be knocking on the bedroom door at night going Knock Knock knock Art.,Knock Knock knock Art. Knock Knock knock Art. lol

He is adorable, so glad he is doing better

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/vhc/csds/vcgl/cat-dna.html

Matt,

Have you checked your adult cats for the genetic mutation for cardiomyopathy which is found in Ragdoll cats? 2 nonthriving kittens make me wonder.

I belong to another board, and they are EVIL to folks who breed dogs and cats without doing all available genetic testing first. And while I dislike how they attack people vs. educate them, I agree with their underlying point, as there are far too many dogs and cats being killed every single day for a lack of homes to justify intentionally breeding anything but the most genetically superior members of each breed.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy. Yes, they have been tested for that and many other diseases/conditions/mutations. And Sheldon has been to the vet and is healthy. Sometimes weird things just happen.... Thanks
default_smile.png

Matt,

I am so glad that you are being a responsible breeder. It breaks my heart for people/animals when I see animals die from heritable diseases that were preventable, had the breeder been responsible. And, as someone who goes to high kill shelters to rescue, I see how many fullblooded representatives of most breeds of dogs and cats end up....which gives me the incentive to want breeding restrictions in place. Only the people who are breeding the most responsibly (ie all genetic/temperment testing possible, as well as being an excellent physical representative of the breed itself) should be allowed to breed. It's a topic I feel pretty strongly about.

Thanks!,

Wendy

.He's so cute! I'm sitting here watching The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is so funny! Great name!

Latest posts

Back