sheared llama pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
ok sorry for getting these out so late but her are the llamas it was rainy on saturday...enjoy...

Two Sox

Picture059.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Toby before...

vacationnorthcarolina08770.jpg

after...

Picture074.jpg

Gloria before...

vacationnorthcarolina08759.jpg

after...

Picture066.jpg

Jackson before...

vacationnorthcarolina08748.jpg

after...

Picture067.jpg

Felicity before...

vacationnorthcarolina08741.jpg

after...

Picture072.jpg

and just some random pictures...

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture084.jpg

thanks for looking....

Wow they really are alot thinner under all that...

Dumb question? What do you do with the fur? Is it worth anything like Alpacas?? I dont have a clue..

Do you just shear them once or more??

Great Pictures thanks for sharing.
default_wub.png

Now we want to shear Witch U Caller, she is part Llama X Alpaca

Just back home from being bred to an Alpaca.

Would appreciate any helpful hints or tips on how to do this.

Oh yes would like to trim her feet also? have done goats feet before so thinking the same?

Any tips would be wonderful? thanks
default_saludando.gif

Great Pictures thanks for sharing. Now we want to shear Witch U Caller, she is part Llama X Alpaca

Oh yes would like to trim her feet also? have done goats feet before so thinking the same?

Its very important that she get sheered. It helps with over heating but also sometimes the females will not get bred if not sheered.

YOu can either do it yourself or have somebody who sheers llamas/sheep do it. YOu need a cattle clippers, I am not sure if there is a special blade for llamas or not. All you do is clip around their belly, shoulders to hip.

Dumb question? What do you do with the fur? Is it worth anything like Alpacas?? I dont have a clue..
i was ondering the same thing. I like how you gave them a lion cut like a poodle.

Great Pictures thanks for sharing. Now we want to shear Witch U Caller, she is part Llama X Alpaca

Its very important that she get sheered. It helps with over heating but also sometimes the females will not get bred if not sheered.

YOu can either do it yourself or have somebody who sheers llamas/sheep do it. YOu need a cattle clippers, I am not sure if there is a special blade for llamas or not. All you do is clip around their belly, shoulders to hip.
yes i agree i dont personally shear our llamas we hire someone but we do do our own toenails and baisicly its like goats

yes i agree i dont personally shear our llamas we hire someone but we do do our own toenails and baisicly its like goats
yes we only shear our llamas once and if your looking for helpful tips i would suggest getting the book stories guide to rasing llamas by gale birrutta you can get it at borders

We do have cattle clippers, and we do our own miniature horses with Double K's for the shows.

So I quess hubby will just try the cattle clippers, I am thinking of leaving the head neck and legs.

Hope to get her done during his holidays first two weeks in July.

Thanks
default_saludando.gif
enjoyed your picture.

after we get her clipped will show you her, if you like to see her?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah shure i suppose cattle klippers should work and i would suggesta barrel to modified barrel cut or you can just look at JUSTINA II for barrel cut and basicly a modified barrel mcut is a barrel but you shave part of the flank and around the tail 2 Sox has one

Back