She really is a Quarter Horse/Paint

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
I "stole" this mare, Jurgen's Cinnamon Swirl, from Richard and Rita Lindahl. They were going for a black 4 horse hitch, and let Patty and I have her for a song. We broke her to drive, and are just in love with her bubbly personality. You know those horses who constantly talk to you? Who bounce up and down in their stall when they see you? We get ribbed a lot about our Quarter Pony, but boy has she done well with us!

SpiceHalter-Colfax.jpg

IowaStateFairSpiceDriving.jpg

(we bought this picture--just haven't scanned it in yet
biggrin.gif
)

She is as close to Quarter type as I have seen in miniature; the 4H judges love her and she doesn't do too bad in AMHR, either! She will probably never take a Grand, but she has 5 or 6 Sr. Champion Mare wins and lots of Reserves. Best of all, she gives 110% in Performance classes.

Too hot to be outside today, so wanted to share!
wub.gif

Oh come on guys, somebody say something!! I'm on house arrest until tomorrow. Guess I'll break down and go do filing in my office....*sniff*

I know! I'll go try on clothes for this weekend's Renaissance Faire. It should be over 100 so no velvets...maybe I'll go as a wench
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Love that driving photo!!! beautiful girls![/SIZE]

Lyn

I have a QH type who is an appy. He is a chunky guy but I love him, can't beat his personality. He loves to drive!

Your mare is beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

She looks good
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
amazing how a picture taken in different light can turn a red horse....... black........

Good for her!!(and you!) She looks great--and most importantly, she looks like she LOVES to do anything you want!
aktion033.gif
And that is what a real QH-type mini ought to look like...not chunky, just a different style!

aww pam i love her!!! she looks like she would be so fun to play with. Congrats!

Sterling and I were just talking about how my gelding looks like a QH-mini - I love that look!!! Your girl is beautiful...so don't start filing, yet!!!

Pretty mare you guys have there!
aktion033.gif
I like the quarter horse type too!

Oh! I do like her!!! And I also like her base color. It looks so rich! That tail on her looks like spun silk. And, I love a driving horse with four socks / stockings!!! That driving picture is just picture perfect!

I do think the QH type mini is awesome to show at open and 4H shows. Derby did extremely well at those kinds of shows and I may still show him some at an Open show down the road from us. The judges like seeing those minis that are built like a QH and Derby's usually straighter / nicer than the QH's at those shows... I think it's funny because the owners of those horses will be like "awww... look how cute" with a tone that tells you they think maybe one day, I will get a real horse (and I've got 19 real ones including two that are big). Then he beats their "real" horse and maybe he's not "just" cute anymore
laugh.gif

Another awesome thing about open and 4H shows is it's a great way to expose other horse people to how nice and wonderful minis can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just love a girl with some substance, she's just wonderful Pam. Pics wouldn't work for me yesterday! Have fun at Ren and take lots of pics!!!

Such a pretty girl
wub.gif
! Congrats on all your accomplishments with her
aktion033.gif
. And have fun at the Renissance Fair
biggrin.gif
!

Latest posts

Back