She did it again!!! :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
My 'little' red puppy did it again!!!
default_aktion033.gif
We headed up to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario to hit a 6 shows in 3 days show and do a bit of work the week before. Mate-r was entered in all 6 shows and decided he was NOT going to be a show dog for the entire weekend. I don't think he liked being away from home and having such a routine change for the week before...by the time the show came, he was just wanting to go home.

Twizzler was entered in only 2 of 6 shows, since she is young I didn't want to blow her mind and have a bad experience that I'd have to spend the next months to years trying to overcome. The first show she was in, she had a great time. Didn't do anything points wise, but that wasn't the point of entering her anyway. The second show she was in (which was the last day), the judge gave her Best of Breed over Mate-r, gave her a good hard look when we were in for the Adult Herding Group, and when we went in for the Puppy Herding Group, the judge never really looked at her. While we were in the ring, I couldn't figure that out, but thought, oh well, Twiz is being a good girl......THEN the judge handed me the Best Puppy in Group ribbon!!!! I couldn't believe it!! It was a different judge for Best Puppy in Show, and Twiz was a little brain fried being in the ring with a bunch of completely different looking dogs than she was used to, but she managed....didn't win, but she handled it and if we ever get in the ring for that again, I know she will be that much better!
default_yes.gif

When I had the win photo taken, the judge just LOVED Twizzler! Couldn't say enough about her (and was soo pleased that I'd wanted a photo taken)!!!

So, here's Esrohollow Irresistible Twist winning Best in Puppy Group, and she is now 3 points shy of her Canadian Championship title in 3 weekends of showing at just over 7 months old!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
This was my first Puppy Group win in 7 years.....the last being Twizzler's grandma Moxie! Sooooo proud of my little girl!!!!

~kathryn

TwizBPIG.jpg

congrats, kathryn!!! great picture! i just love keeping up with your show schedule and how GREAT your corgis do! when are you gonna be back down in my neck of the woods???

Thanks everyone......Twizzler has spent the past 2 days at the vets on IV fluids, trying to figure out what is wrong with her. She had a very high temperature, but other than being extremely lethargic, no vomiting/diarrhea, and tests coming back 'normal'. Been a little stressful, and I am not looking forward to this vet bill when it is all done. I saw her twice today, once this morning, and she was not much better (which was upsetting.....) and again this afternoon just before they closed.....she tried to fly out of the kennel when I opened the door, so it looks like she's starting to come around. Still not sure what is going on, but I'm hoping she continues to improve so she can come home!!!

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back