Sharing the grief of loosing a show horse...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart is broken for Peg, Ashley and all who loved him. I'm crying as I write this. I'm so very sorry for your loss of your beloved boy. He was so special! He will live forever in your hearts.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Oh no, Peg, I am so sorry! I know how much Beau meant to you and your family. He will be deeply missed by all.
default_sad.png

Peg, Ashley and all your family- you are in my thoughts and prayers. Beau and you all were awesome to watch and I will hold those memories forever.

We are here for you-

Peggy

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and concern especially to Janet and Charolette for posting for me. My family and I are just devasted and shocked. He was just fine last night. My vet is thinking a stroke, anuerism or heart attack. We will have the results from the vet college back in a few days.

Beau was more than a champion show horse to us, he was family. Just to let you know what a special little guy he was: My vet was here within fifteen minutes of my call and he lives 10 miles away. Beau also had a real pastor at his side praying for him when he died. Then Pastor Kelly called the man who digs graves for our local cemetary and he came to my farm right away and dug his grave. He was buried within 2 hours of his passing.

Later after my kids were home from school, Pastor Kelly came back and we had a real funeral for him.

I wore the Honor Roll belt buckle he won for the first time just yesterday.

With our first show only weeks away, it will be very hard to pull out of the drive way without him in the trailer. We have never gone to a show without Beau.

Peg Balthazor & Ashley Zahourek

Peg (and family) ~ I am so sorry to hear about Beau -- I missed Equifest this year but sounds like he was quite a special part of your family... My thoughts will be with your family...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know that I have a much more special bond with my all around show horses...they give so much and have the biggest hearts. I cannot even begin to imagine how devastated you are right now. Hugs to you and your family at this difficult time.
default_sad.png

My heart goes out to that family. Thank your for sharing his story with us.

My heart and prayers are going out to Peg and her family. Beau was (and IS) obviously a very special Soul. You wrote a beautiful memorial for him.

Dear Peg and Family,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your very special guy.
default_no.gif
He was one in a million as a horse and irreplaceable as a part of your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
default_pray.gif

Peg, Pat and I are so sorry to hear of Beau's passing. How heartbreaking for you and your family. It will not seem the same to see you all at shows without him. He was a wonderful and beautiful competitor who always gave his all for you and your family. You all are in our prayers. Sheila
default_no.gif

Peg and family, I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend Beau. May you treasure his memories always.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peg and Ashley, I am so sorry for the loss of your Beau.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

My deepest sympathies to Peg and Ashley for the loss of their dear boy Beau. My thoughts and prayers will be with you during this time of terrible sadness. God Speed Beau! May you soar high with the angels!

Tammie~

Dear Peg and my dearest, darling Ashley,

I am having trouble reading and writing with the tears flowing from my eyes. I am so sorry to hear of Beau's passing. What a heartwrenching ordeal you are having to go through. Shows will certainly never be the same for you as well as a lot of us others who watched such a wonderful horse through the years.

Your description of his funeral was so touching, but as you said, he was family and certainly deserved it.

My deepest condolences, Rita

edited to say, I didn't mean to leave out Nate. I know Beau was special to him, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sent a prayer up for Beau and the family...

I am so sad for them, I know it will be so rough to get thru....

Latest posts

Back