Sharing some Holiday "Magic" with my mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VerticallyChallenged

Reaction score
One of our horses, "Magic," a black AMHR 12 year old gelding, is going to accompany me this Saturday bell ringing for the Salvation Army. I'm working on putting his holiday attire together, he ought to be quite cute!

I have had Magic since he was 2, and he was my first mini. I trained him to drive when he was 5-6, and he's always just taken everything I've thrown at him. I have taken him to a local nursing home for visits. He has come to be known as the "trick or treating horse," as we've been out 4 years now, with him in costume, handing out candy from his little saddle bags. I love Halloween, and being in the country, we don't get trick or treaters at our house, so we go to them! Magic enjoys all the extra attention, and it's really fun for me, too. This year would have been year 5, but I had neck surgery in October and wasn't able to do it this year.

Now, on Saturday, he will join me at our local grocery store, while we try to get that kettle filled up! They were eager for me to bring him along....and I'm having a blast working on his holiday attire. I really am loving finding new ways to have fun with my boy! I will surely share photos. The man at the SA I have worked with wants to get a news crew there for publicity. If so, will share a link to the video after it's aired.

Angie

I love what you are doing with him. You are a great pair!!!!! You seem so take such joy in sharing your Magic.

Karen

We brought plastic store bags and a dust pan....that's what I always bring when we take one of the minis with me somewhere. We had a GREAT time, and Magic looked totally adorable! Although, unfortunately it was raining pretty good the whole time we were there. So I don't think turn out was what I thought it would be.... it was just wet, and windy....typical of Wisconsin this time of year, but it should have been snow, not rain! We have been asked to come back. All three of our local news stations showed up.... we really had a good time, and the kids were crazy about him!

Back