sharing a "new" experience....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I have a "friend" named Kelly that I have been talking to online for about 6 months. She lives in PA and I have never met her in person, but have talked to her several times on the phone as well as daily online. We are very good friends and we also know that there is a potential of someday becoming more....we are just taking things one day at a time...and let me explain why.

Kelly's mom has been very ill for a long time...emphysema and COPD as well as other things...and was on a ventilator 24/7 living in a nursing home. Kelly of course wanted to be near her and spend as much time as possible with her before she passed away. She had made it very clear to me that she was not able to offer me anything other than friendship, because her focus was on her mom, which I totally understood and was Ok with. We have such a wonderful connection that our friendship was too important to me to let her not being able to be in a relationship right now get in the way of that. Kelly did at times talk about her mom, but not much...It was always hard on her to see her mom that way.

Last Thursday while I was at work, I suddenly had a very strong sense of smell of chicken noodle soup. I work in a dry cleaners and there was no reason at all I should have smelled that there. It was strong enough that I really took notice. I talked to another friend of mine who as a psychic gift and she told me that I also had the gift and I should focus in on it, because that smell was telling me something. (She also told me that she already knew I possessed psychic ability before I told her this).

Altho the smell went away, I began to feel a strange sensation and focused in on Kelly more than usual, altho I didnt tell her anything that was going on. I was busy most of the weekend, so at times I wasnt tuned in and since nothing "new" was happening, I didnt really pay attention.

Sunday evening I talked to kelly and she told me she had gone to see her mom and she wasnt doing well (she has said this many times before, so that wasnt anything new coming from her), but I noticed that she wasnt talking much and just figured she was tired from a long day. Again, since nothing "new" was going on and I wasnt used to focusing in, I didnt really pay attention.

Monday morning...I talked briefly to kelly and went to work. At work...all day I felt this strong sense of something "wrong" or "bad"...It was just this nagging feeling and wouldnt go away. I knew it had to do with Kelly, but since I was busy at work, I again didnt really pay attention.

Monday evening....hadnt heard from Kelly...and was talking to my friend Jules about that nagging feeling, which was back and stronger than ever...The more I tried to "put it away", the stronger it got. I didnt "want" to pay attention, because now I was alittle scared.

Tuesday right after midnight, i tried to go to bed, but I couldnt sleep. I was so wound up and that feeling of "something bad" was now so strong that I KNEW that it was Kelly's mom that was causing it.

12:15 AM...I called Jules and told her this.

4:00 AM...I suddenly woke (the only reason I normally would wake up at 4 am is if my dog was trying to get my attention or i "had" to get up by my alarm) and I reached for my phone, which has "Instant messaging" on it...and just as I reached for it, kelly signed on.

1st thing I said to her is "Are you OK?" (I never say that to her). She says, "No, my mom passed away this morning and I just got home from the hospital".

Of course at that time I didnt want to ask Q's about her death (like the time), but I was a bit freaked out by this time. A few days later, while Kelly was sharing those details...her mom's last moments...I asked her time of death....3:15 AM....

12:15 AM my time!!!

In the past I have felt the sense of touch on my skin and knew it was my grandfather telling me that he was watching over me. So, I totally believe in psychic ability and that many people possess it...even those that dont know it...like me...until now.

People tell me that I should really start paying attention to it...but I am not sure I "want" to. It's a little overwhelming knowing I had the ability to know when someone died....not sure I want to focus in on those things. It takes a lot of energy as well.

For those of you who possess psychic abilities...tell me how you deal with it or if you choose to ignore it. I do know now that sometimes ignoring it doesnt make it go away.

LindaL said:
People tell me that I should really start paying attention to it...but I am not sure I "want" to. It's a little overwhelming knowing I had the ability to know when someone died....not sure I want to focus in on those things. It takes a lot of energy as well.
If it's any comfort, it's more likely that you're so tuned into Kelly that you were sensing her increasing distress over the situation rather than her mother's death as a separate fact. Sort of the way mothers know when something has happened to their children, or twins know when the other is hurt.

For those of you who possess psychic abilities...tell me how you deal with it or if you choose to ignore it. I do know now that sometimes ignoring it doesnt make it go away.
It is possible to shut down that sense permanently but personally I'd rather have it active and warning me. Just as pain is merely a message from your body that something is damaged, those psychic sensations are messages. You don't necessarily have to do anything about the situation but to keep the sensations from becoming overwhelming you must both interpret and acknowledge the message it's giving you. For example: There was nothing you could do about Kelly's mom dying. That was out of your control and not something you needed to change. The first question I ask when I feel something like that is "What are you trying to tell me?" I aim my question at the feeling itself, or imagine there's a guide or Spiritual Self that I'm talking to. I try to quiet my mind and open myself to a real answer and it usually comes. In this case it might have been "Something is going on with Kelly's mom, she needs you." Once you understand the message the urgency of it will usually go away. Now obviously in a case like that where the actual situation is continuing to get worse you'll probably still feel it but you won't be so ansy because you'll know why you feel that way. The second thing to do is acknowledge the message. In this case there is something you can do, and it's call Kelly or send her a message then send her strong metal support across the miles until she's able to respond to you. If there's nothing you can do (the message is merely warning you of something, not demanding action) then I literally thank it for the information, acknowledge that I've received it, then dismiss it like deleting a voicemail.

It's just information. What you do with it is up to you but if it's important enough for your gut or higher intuition or sixth sense or whatever you want to call it to shout the message that loudly, do you really want to be so discourteous as to ignore it?
default_wink.png
It's only scary if you think of it as some sort of creepy death-o-meter or something. It's not. More often than not it's trying to help you. Like emotion, the more you try to cram a lid on it the more it's going to yell in an effort to be heard. All you have to do to calm it down...is listen to it.

Leia

Linda,

For whatever reason........you are "tuned in". I know the experience. You can choose to smother it if you want. We all have "free choice" in our lives. But it could also raise its "ugly head" again in the future if you let your guard down. That's what happened to me. So I allowed it to happen and just be.

You also have a choice of whether or not you want to encourage it or just let things unfold. But remember the saying -- "Everything happens for a reason."
default_smile.png

My Mother has called me in the past right after something tramatic has happened to me. There is no way she could have known anything was wrong. When I answer my phone she says, "are you ok? I had this awful feeling that you weren't." It is pretty amazing. She is religious and believes it's God's way of letting her know when somethings wrong. I could never hide stuff from her because of this
default_rolleyes.gif

While I don't try to bring it out it sneaks out once in a while. Read about the subject a lot, mainly Sylvia Brownes books. This oct. we will be taking our 3rd cruise with her. She is an incredible woman.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back