Share one thing you ADMIRE about each Pres & VP candidate

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
After all the partisan bickering, I still come back to the fact that each candidate is a good human being, no matter how much we may disagree with them.

Please share one thing that you admire about each Democratic and Republican Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate. These needn't be big things -- just something that truly impresses you. No backhanded compliments, please.

You can include independents and third party candidates if you like, but this is primarily about the two major party candidates.

(Be specific -- do not say "everything," and if you don't have something good to say, then JUST GO AWAY and don't answer...this is for positive comments ONLY. Yep -- I'm telling you what to do here, as this is MY thread.)

Here's mine:

Obama -- while so many presidential candidats lose their real persona to the campaign "machine" (Bob Dole was a great example of this), Barack remains the same man that we saw at the 2004 Democratic convention. As a friend of mine who went to high school with him said "What you see is EXACTLY who you get."

Biden -- showed that he is a REAL man by kissing his son onstage at the Democratic convention. This shouldn't be unusual, but it is. A little thing, but to me a sign of

big character.

McCain -- a true, unquestionably brave war hero...and a much better man than the campaign has made him out to be.

Palin -- has a bigger pair of cojones than most men, and I'm NOT being facetious. Most people, men included, would have run away in the face of the ridicule she has endured.

And you?

Good idea Susanne!

Obama - Probably one of the most charismatic speakers I've ever seen (though not in person).

Biden - The emotion he showed during the VP debate when he talked about caring for his children after his wife died.

McCain - His lifelong example of "duty to country". He's walked the walk.

Palin - She's had more manure thrown at her in the past few months than most of us will endure in a lifetime and I think she's endured it with class.

McCain -- his experience and wisdom

Palin -- her courage

Obama -- his casual public speaking style

Biden -- his ability to wear a sincere smile

PS -- I have to say, it is sincerely hard for me to find meaningful nice things to say about Obama. My honest opinion is he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. At the same time, it's hard to limit what praise I have to give to McCain and Palin. Said with complete sincerity.

Ohh goody...."O" because I think he is a great speaker and will finally make some much needed changes for this country.....Biden , I trust him to be a good VP if something happens to "O"...McCain for great love of his country...Palin for her hairstyle?

McCain- his bravery, experience and wisdom. He cares deeply about his country and the people in it. I believe he would be able to make hard decisions fast and always with safety of our nation in mind. He served and fought for his country. Sorry! It's hard to pick one thing when you feel so right about a person.
default_smile.png

Palin- Courage! She was an ordinary person that has been thrust into an extra-ordinary situations time after time.

Obama- Say what you will, he looks good in a suit!

Biden- His sence of family.

...Palin for her hairstyle?
If an up-do is all it takes, maybe I should get into politics! With the hairdo and love of my love public speaking -- look out world!!!
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

sjo-1-page.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama has sincerity and seemingly very good judgement. He also is very good at mainaing an even temperment which is very much needed in the Presidental job. I think he wil give serious consideration to what he plans to do for our country and not put us in positions where other countries hate us.

Biden, really like his smile and down to earth manner and confident he could lead our country well if anything should happen to Obama;

McCain he has a grandfatherly look about him that makes him likeable.

Palin, like her designer glasses...would like some like that.

After all the partisan bickering, I still come back to the fact that each candidate is a good human being, no matter how much we may disagree with them.
Please share one thing that you admire about each Democratic and Republican Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate. These needn't be big things -- just something that truly impresses you. No backhanded compliments, please.

You can include independents and third party candidates if you like, but this is primarily about the two major party candidates.

(Be specific -- do not say "everything," and if you don't have something good to say, then JUST GO AWAY and don't answer...this is for positive comments ONLY. Yep -- I'm telling you what to do here, as this is MY thread.)

Here's mine:

Obama -- while so many presidential candidats lose their real persona to the campaign "machine" (Bob Dole was a great example of this), Barack remains the same man that we saw at the 2004 Democratic convention. As a friend of mine who went to high school with him said "What you see is EXACTLY who you get."

Biden -- showed that he is a REAL man by kissing his son onstage at the Democratic convention. This shouldn't be unusual, but it is. A little thing, but to me a sign of

big character.

McCain -- a true, unquestionably brave war hero...and a much better man than the campaign has made him out to be.

Palin -- has a bigger pair of cojones than most men, and I'm NOT being facetious. Most people, men included, would have run away in the face of the ridicule she has endured.

And you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back