Shaking her head????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had called my vet and he came by 2 weeks ago. He checked her over really well and observed her for awhile as he gave vaccines etc....then came back this week to give them booster shots and watched again, he said habit/attitude.....
default_yes.gif
Both of my minis are 18 months so he said their teeth were good for now.

I call it head flipping...how you can picture it, well, at least what Halo does, is it is like she is mad at her back end, tail area. So she flips her head back that direction, not up, like tossing her head would be. Not when she is on halter though. Only when she is loose in her paddock. She was checked over too, and nothing was causing it, other than attitude and now possibly habit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing it would be nice because then we can see if her body language says something is bothering her or if it is just her being a horse. Most likely it is just her being a horse but it is always nice to see it and confirm it to our best abilities. Sometimes I wish they could talk to us in a human language and tell us what is going on, it would make stuff like this a whole lot simpler! Until then we will just have to keep learning the equine language the best we can.

I know, I had read that about her check-up, but the way you described the movement in the early post(s) it sounded different than a typical "attitude" type shake.

Latest posts

Back