Shadow Update and Vet visit!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
Shadow went back to the vet today to get his stitches removed. He went from 97 lbs to 110 lbs in two weeks. He feels better. We have over done it a couple times, but I can tell he is much better now.

Susie his mother is recovering from stifle surgery on her left hind. She is having a hard time with it. The vet had a harder time finding the ligament. Susie was given a tranq and was going to be treated standing, but it knocked her down! So plans changed and things were a little more difficult to do. I am praying she will be feeling better later this evening, but I think she is in a lot of pain.

Thanks you guys for your prayers and well wishes!

Glad to hear he is doing so well! I would love to see lots more pics of the little guy
default_yes.gif
He really tugs at my heart
default_wub.png
Hopefully Mama will be feeling better tonight
default_yes.gif

I'm so sad, Susie is really hurting. I have checked her several times. She is limping and holding it against me!
default_smile.png
Shadow never limped. I didn't ask about Banamine (sp?) I just threw mine out because it was out dated. I will get some first thing in the morning. I hate to see her so miserable. She is the sorrel mare in my avatar.

Oh poor baby! Hopefully you can get some meds in the morning that will make her more comfortable.

Oh, poor Suzie! Yes, Banamine is a must after surgery like that. I mean honestly, would you do without pain meds after someone made a slice in your leg and severed something important?
default_unsure.png
Ouch! I'm sure she'll be feeling much better after you run to the pharmacy in the AM.

I'm glad to hear Shadow is doing so well! It is tough to keep them from overdoing it but I think it will be worth it in the long run to keep him a little quieter now. (I know, I know, I'm a fine one to talk with the YouTube video of my guy galloping around after a Big Blue Ball two days after his bilateral surgery. I swear I didn't know he was going to do it and stopped him as soon as I got control of myself!
default_whistling.gif
) I think the young ones seem to feel it less and for Shadow and Kody both it was such a relief that the pain simply didn't matter. Suzie is older and from the sound of things maybe didn't have as much of a problem so for her this is a sudden, senseless imposition and she's understandably aggravated.

She'll get over it! Keep us updated, I always enjoy hearing how Shadow's doing.
default_yes.gif

Leia

Latest posts

Back