Sewing Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to share ideas on sewing. I have so many ideas of things to make but am always looking for more. I am trying to figure out what to make my 90 year old mother for Mother's Day. Thinking of embroidering kitchen towels and maybe some large mug rugs. But I need something else too. Any ideas!

I sewed these little rag dolls for my grandchildren one past Christmas and now have one more granddaughter so I need to make her a rag doll. These were made entirely from my own pattern created just for my grandchildren. Not sure whether to make her a clown or to create her own doll.

Let me know what you think.

ClownRagDolls.jpg

What about making a special cover (quilted?) for a photo album? And you and the family all pitch in favorite photos or message cards saying a memory of your mom or something that she did that meant a lot you you. I'm sure she would love reading those and sharing the memories from everyone.

Cute dolls! My hubby still has his( in a rubber made with my old dolls) from when he was little. His grandma made him and his sister one, it has red hair like yours!

What about a memory quilt? Either with a piece of clothing, or signed / signature blocks from the family?

Great ideas!

But the grandchildren have done both of those already. The memory quilt they had made for her she keeps in the plastic bag that they gave it to her in. I think she is afraid that it won't wash well. I made her a lap quilt a couple years ago and she does use it..so I was pleased with that.

I'm thinking that something will come to me as I make her the towels and mug rugs. Maybe a new tea pot and matching mugs. She loves tea pots. Maybe I can find some machine embroidery designs for the towels of tea pots...and maybe for the mug rugs too. That would pull it all together.

I am almost finished putting the binding on the lap quilt I am making for my mother in law. Still have a little quilting to do on the birds. I wanted to quilt them with hearts but not sure how it will look. Will have to try a sample block before I decide on that.

Just a thought...Does she use a walker? My mom made my gmother a little bag/apron thingy that fit on the front of her walker and she used it to haul her stuff around in. It was a quilt pattern and everyone loved it.

I hadn't thought of slippers (and I don't have a pattern either). It is a good suggestion. It reminded me that I recently did buy a pattern to make moccasins, but don't think she would like moccasins.

Luckily, she doesn't need to use a walker but that was also a good suggestion if she did.

Thanks, Lois

Just a thought...Does she use a walker? My mom made my gmother a little bag/apron thingy that fit on the front of her walker and she used it to haul her stuff around in. It was a quilt pattern and everyone loved it.
This sounds like a great project! Lots of scope for quilting or other embellishment.

Latest posts

Back