setting up a training program

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
We plan to show two driving horses and two halter horses next year. What kind of training program would each of you suggest? We live in Florida so we can train outside most of the time (except when raining, no covered arena yet) and have some outside lighting available to round pen. All of our horses have stalls but are out during the day in light pasture or dry lots with others to run and play. We take them for walks and runs but the neighbor's dogs are starting to be a real concern. We both work and probably have five hours per day maximum available but the last feeding of the day would fall in that time frame too.

My daily rutine with the show horses ..here you are ...just an example of my regular day
default_smile.png

9am-10am ......Feeding 6 show horses & broodmares, hay ..mixing grain and beet pulp.

noon-2pm ....Roundpenning and working horses and cleaning stalls (if its hot i do this in the evening ..but like two hours really)

5pm-8:30pm ...evening feeding / water ....mixing beet pulp ext, cleaning the barn ...grooming (MTG manes tailes 1x a week)

Of the six horses i have in the barn as of right now, four of them are being round penned and worked ..other two are just up getting ready for next year.

Good feeding, worming, farrier, dental and the main conditioning i do is work in the roundpen
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back