Service Reports/Certificates

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I've filled out a Stallion Service Report and am sending it in now, but if one owns both the stallion and the mare when breeding do you need to include a Stallion Service Certificate (for AMHR) when registering the foal? Just thinking waaaaay down the line here
default_wink.png

IF I remember correctly, I think they have it on record so you're good. But, ah, it's been two years since I've had to do it.... and things change so quickly....
default_smile.png

Thanks Karla. That's what I was thinking; that the certificate is for owners of mares that have been transfered (sold bred to said stallion) and/or outside mares bred to the stallion.

Isn't it on the registration application in a section that says something to the effect that you own mare & stallion? That's what A does. Haven't registered a brand new R in a long time. But, check the application form.

At the bottom of the application is the breeders certificate section, and it says 'if you did not own both sire and dam at time of service, complete this section or attach a service certificate.'

So, as long as you owned both sire & dam at time of breeding you do NOT need a certificate.

At the bottom of the application is the breeders certificate section, and it says 'if you did not own both sire and dam at time of service, complete this section or attach a service certificate.'

So, as long as you owned both sire & dam at time of breeding you do NOT need a certificate.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back