Seriously ?!?!?!?!?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean_B

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously?? Did the book "Under The Dome" end the same way as the TV show? If so, I hate Stephen King...which is why I always read his books....hoping for a different kind of ending. But then, I truly did love Cell.

I believe I read that the show had been renewed for another 'season'...who knows exactly what that means nowadays? That would explain the odd 'ending'....I read the book, but don't recall how it resolved, so have no clue where they will go w/ the plot from here!!

No....the book is nothing like the TV show. I thought this would happen. And how could they have ended it like that if they were not renewed for another season. Ridiculous! It should have been a "mini series" and stuck more in line with the book in my opinion. I know TV is always somewhat different than books but this one was way off base.

Mr. Retirement and I are soooooooo hooked on the Dome. OMG we can't get enough of it. Yes it has been renewed for another season but the waiting is going to kill us both. I think what will happen is its going to keep going and going and going, maybe for years as a series.......

I loved the book but hated the show....was nothing like the book, I stopped watching after the third episode. I am surprised it's getting renewed for another season...I thought the acting was horrible.

I loved the book, but stopped watching the show after week three. First off it came on late, after bed time, and second it was nothing like the book.

I liked the book and I liked the series...even with all the differences. Glad it has been renewed and will be a constant viewer.

I'm sticking with Downton Abbey and Lark Rise to Candleford.

Dome has been given the television rewrite treatment, only watched a few because of the changes.

Well, I tend to forget the plot of any book unless it was VERY compelling and I LOVED it(as with "the Stand", which is my favorite from S King that was also made into a mini series)...so I am not really able to compare 'Dome' the series w/ 'Dome' the book, but must say, it is not my 'favorite' thing to watch, comparably speaking...as I think the acting is a tad under-whelming for the most part...but I'll likely try it again when it returns for 'next' season--then, we'll see.

LOL! I am a 3 weeker also! I could not get past the third episode. Loved the book though!

I loved the show, never missed an episode and in fact chose to watch the final show rather than the season premier of another favourite "Bones" . Being such a fan you'd think I would be thrilled but I was also very disappointed. IMO it is the kind of show that needs to have a clear ending it is not a show that should drag out into season after season and the whole premiss will loose its draw if they stretch it too far. I have no way of knowing if any channels that I receive will actually pick it up for another season so maybe I won't ever get the chance to see if Big Jim finally pays for his crimes, if Barbie is a hero or a criminal and why the dome came down.. etc etc. So many questions. I will probably watch the next season if I can but it remains to be seen whether they can write it in a way that doesn't get repetitive and 'old'. I've seen a lot of shows that lost their spark when they tried to keep them going past their best before date.

Well-put, Reignmaker....I agree, but didn't state the case nearly as well as you have!!

Margo

I told Mr. Retirement from the first episode it was going to be about aliens or some kind of spiritual experience. Still not quite convinced Barbie is the monarch, but that Big Jim is a very bad man and I hope he gets what's coming to him.

I think the last show suggested it is not barbie who is the monarch its (gads my memory sucks today...) the woman reporter, the red head. at least thats what I got from that show. Still, no one was "crowned" so it could be someone else, but she was allowed to carry the egg and her touch stopped the shaking.

I haven't read the book and didn't watch the show. I'm glad now because I'll enjoy the book more. Thanks for the comments.

I read the book when it first came out, but being "older" my memory isn't so great, so reread it while watching the TV show on DVR. The show is so horrendously different than the book!! We have maybe 3-4 episodes that I haven't yet watched and doubt that I will. So disappointing!!

Latest posts

Back