Serious question......please no fights

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am crying, too, thinking of Mona's brother and the isolation he must have felt at a time when he needed his family's love more than ever.

My step-sister died of AIDS in 1991...I miss her.

Mona, I'm sorry you lost your brother...and even sorrier for the misery he must have felt, but why would his parents his father most of all treat him that way (my grandfather did the same to my uncle, too...uncle ended up killing himself). Not asking you, just empathizing.

Thanks for your post...glad the sleepover went well, Ashley.

Liz

No neither complained. ONe boy was the neighbor, who litterally is about 100 ft from our house. The other is down the road a few miles. Both parents are nice. The neighbors parents.........well the mom is better then the dad.

The boy........he shows some signs of extream emotional issues as well as some mental issues. I good kid, but has some issues.

ROFL- did my post actually get deleted? Geez... so much for "sharing opinions". Delete me, too, please.

WE are human, to need love is like needing air, to find it is a gift from whomever it is you find to share it with.
Amen to that.
default_wub.png

Bard - it seems that I missed your post.... it must have been a doozy to get sucked into The Void.

Sometimes it is a good idea to adjust your words/tone to the particular feel of a thread... just a thought.

Mona what a wonderful tribute to your brother. A good friend of mine succumbed to AIDS - also in Vancouver - many years ago.

I'll call them David & Bob... I thought I knew these guys. They were devoted to each other. Loving. Gentle. Bob had had a cancer scare and David had stood by him every step of the way. They were part of a large circle of friends (some gay, some not) that traveled back and forth between Edmonton & Vancouver... we laughed and cried and worked and played together. We were all closelikethis - even though some were based in Vancouver & some in Edmonton. No matter - I was younger and carefree and Vancouver was but a short flight away!

Life was grand. Life was good. Then reality began to chink away at our happy little tribe...

David had AIDS. He smiled. He did not want us to fuss. Screw that - we fussed. Not enough to fluster him - or so that he would notice... and we were so glad that he had Bob at his side.

Or not.

David's family from Back East rallied around him - even his dad who had had problems accepting Dave's Not A Choice at first...

Bob. Within a couple of weeks he told Dave that he was moving out of their lovely townhouse on the water - and taking most of the furniture with him. He even took their little dog. Fortunately for David - the townhouse was in his name. Bob announced that he wanted nothing further to do with David - and that he disgusted him. He was seen at the clubs by outraged friends partying and announcing that he was a free man....

We tried to rationalize... Bob was scared... Bob was having trouble accepting all this... Bob would come around.

Bob proved us all wrong. And as friend after friend tried to talk to him - tried to understand... and then turned away in sadness - Bob crossed us off His List... one by one.

I was the last one. His parting words to me were that he had better things to do than sit around and be a nurse to That.

For some, love is simply something you say automatically out of the corner of your mouth as you go out the door - love ya! And nothing more.

It is not only family that can disown you - sometimes it is those who understand you and know you the best.

David died of AIDS, surrounded by family and friends... knowing he was loved.

Technically, he died of AIDS. I think what truly finished him off was a broken heart... and the betrayal of someone he loved.

I miss him. Even after all these years. I can still see myself standing on their deck with David, watching the sun set on the water... sipping chardonnay... laughing...

Bob? No one in the tribe ever heard from him after David left us. Fine by me.

Friends - and love - can be fleeting. Cherish them while you have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw, tagalong, that is such a sad story...no matter the players in it, it is sad and David must have a special kind of heck reserved for him to have behaved in such a way.

I can't imagine being that disgusting of a person.

While we have wandered off-topic I think it's clear that the majority of us are at least accepting. I would hope the trend is toward peaceful tolerance if not open-armed acceptance.

As it's been mentioned repeatedly, unless it's your immediate partner, it doesn't matter their gender of choice for a mate.

Liz

No problem here. There are straight people I would not want children near. Has nothing to do with sexual preference.If they are good people then fine.

Being gay does not make a person a pedophile. Has nothing to do with it.

Someday they will find medical evidence that makes a person gay, a gene or something. Life is hard enough, no one chooses to be gay. People may deny it or hide it, until they can't anymore, but no one TURNS gay. No one can TURN a person gay. Nothing can make a person turn gay.

I have a gay nephew, who married his life partner and has a more "normal" marriage than a lot of people I know. His idiot father disowned him. So my sister divorced him for that and other reasons.We never liked my EX brother in law anyway! Your child is your child, no matter what. I would love a gay child the same. I couldn't love my nephew more, striaght or gay. I knew before anyone in the family. I knew for years.

There is nothing wrong with loving anyone. Love is a good thing. As long as no one hurts another.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not have a problem with it. I grew up very open minded (as I will teach my son and future children that). I don't have a problem with sexual preference (gay or straight). Just ask that when my kid stays over, that no one is acting sexual towards their partner (gay or straight). My son doesn't need to see excessive kissing and so forth from his friends parents (gay or straight). He may have questions, but they'll be answered before. I'm guessing that if his friend grew up in this enviroment, that his friend would explain things. And that his friend loves having 2 moms or 2 dads. And if his friend is fine with it, I know my son would be. That's just how kids are. I have some really good friends that are gay. I love being around them and my son is around them too.
default_smile.png

[SIZE=10pt]I just wanted to say that I am glad that this post did not turn into an all out "cage match" so to speak.[/SIZE]

I also just wanted to add, that everyone deserves to be loved...

This is also the truest statement I have ever heard...

WE are human, to need love is like needing air, to find it is a gift from whomever it is you find to share it with.

Latest posts

Back