Serious Dog Food Recall -- Please Be Aware

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a huge list of dog foods - I finally found TOTW and decided to pay the big price for the food and this is just crazy. Going to go check bags.

Here is the deal for us, we do and will continue to feed Diamond to our dogs. Why? because they caught it, they voluntarily initiated the recall, and took responsibility before there was a problem.

When we had problems with Purina horse feeds, we never did hear back.......

Mona, dogs can get Salmonella

however are not as likely as a human to catch it. Its more likely that dogs with existing conditions will get it.

I've been using Dr Foster & Smith dog food for about a year. They ship it automatically. For my 18# dog, a bag is about $15 every 4 weeks. Buddy loves this dog food! I put it in his bowl and by the time I have the lid on the container and put it in the cabinet, his bowl is empty. Sometimes I wonder if I have fed him (this can get really scary!). I searched around to find one that didn't have corn or "floor sweepings" in it.
Dr Foster and Smith is a good quality pet food too!

I think this is frustrating and annoying - it's almost like you need to check the recall list before you go out

and purchase your next bag, each and every time.

It's never affected us here in the PNW but it makes me ill at ease every time I go to shell out big dollars for dog food,

whether this might be the time it is local to us.

If the dogs didn't pack on so much weight when I cooked for them, I'd go back to doing that.
default_rolleyes.gif

There is a dog food made in the US called NutriSource. It's made in small batches and their rep, we met at a dog show,

told us that they shut down processing between each batch and totally clean their machinery.

They do this so there is no chance of cross contamination of food types as many dogs are allergic

to one product or another.....

Their food is comparable in price to other high end foods and they come in a grain free also.

The dogs really loved their Pure Vita line.

Our problem is that it's not available locally to us and we have to drive 50+ miles one way for it.

Works fine if we can combine trips that direction but bad when you go, "Duh, dang we're nearly out of

food."

Anyway if anyone wants to see if it's available locally to you here is their link.At least it's another choice.

http://www.nutrisourcedogfood.com/purevita/safety

This company has had many problems over the years- you would think they would get it together by now! I just would not purchase anything that is made through this manufacturer.

All foods listed above from a south carolina plant is the ONLY food effected. Not the brands of feed just where it came from. Please read carefully! If your food didnt come from that plant and has them #s on them, then you food is fine. I had a guy come in and give me 4 different stories on his sick and dieng dog who ate the food that was purchased from out store. He had his bag and I had the printoff on all info of the recall, his food did not fall under that recall and as he argued with me, I informrd him that our food dose not get shipped in from that plant. He sang a new tune and I alpoagized his dog was/could be sick BUT 110% garentteed it was not from the recalled food. I think to many folks freak out and dont have their facts straight, just hear a name brand and freak...

My dog is doing just fine and I will continue to feed Diamond BECAUSE I look at the 3s and dates and know her food is not effected...

Again, its not the brand but where/what plant it came from...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back