Selling policies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley said:
Midnight your wrong.  A youth 13 and over can only show a stallion in YOuth preformance classes, no other youth classes.  Remeber we are talking Rated shows, not open shows.
426276[/snapback]

i think studs can be shown by youth in classes judging the horse.. eg. halter, obstacal(i think
unsure.gif
), hunter(i think
unsure.gif
), jumper & solid colour class.( Juniors can not show studs at all)youth can.

you are right bout driving it is open, sorry

What it comes down to...if dealing with either an AMHA or AMHR registered horse, a parent or guardian has to co-sign and be co-owner of the animal until the minor is 18.

The minor can deal and make arrangements for the sale, but the final paperwork has to have a parent or guardian's signature on it as well.

MA

Sorry, Kids, but there is absolutely NO way I would sell ANY animal to a child!! End of story. Heck, I've even turned down kids ringing about kittens I've had to re-home, if a parent was not available. I'll answer questions, up to a certain point, I'll always be polite, but, no parent, no sale. Who is going to foot the bill if the animal is hurt?? When I bought my first horse I had to get a written guarantee from my father that he would honour my responsibility and not stop me going to see to the pony as a punishment- for my own peace of mind- that was the kind of father he was, anything he could take away that would hurt me, he would. I realised he would let me buy the pony, but I could not trust he would let me out of the house. Kids do not have control over their lives, so the parents need to be involved.

rabbitsfizz said:
Sorry, Kids, but there is absolutely NO way I would sell ANY animal to a child!! End of story.  Heck, I've even turned down kids ringing about kittens I've had to re-home, if a parent was not available.  I'll answer questions, up to a certain point, I'll always be polite, but, no parent, no sale.  Who is going to foot the bill if the animal is hurt??  When I bought my first horse I had to get a written guarantee from my father that he would honour my responsibility and not stop me going to see to the pony as a punishment- for my own peace of mind- that was the kind of father he was, anything he could take away that would hurt me, he would.  I realised he would let me buy the pony, but I could not trust he would let me out of the house.  Kids do not have control over their lives, so the parents need to be involved.
426381[/snapback]

VERY WISE ! ! !
worshippy.gif
worshippy.gif
worshippy.gif

Children cannot enter into a legal contract in most states. If a child bought an animal without parental involvement and there was some sort of an accident in which the child was hurt, it COULD put the seller in a very dangerous position.

Well, right off the bat some things make me concerned:

"asking for a cheap mini "

"a mini to stick in a pen to keep her QH company".

She wants a mini stallion "because she can't have a big stallion, and she wants to show halter"

I am all for youth showing and training horses. Personally when someone says "cheap" to me it tells me they don't want to spend a lot of money to buy one and I get a gut feeling that the mini may not get the best care (my personal feeling). I prefer to sell to people that want a mini because they like minis- not because they are less expensive to maintain than a large horse as a companion. The reason "because she can't have a big stallion" I just don't feel comfortable with that.

I definately think a gelding would be better.

As for the real question you asked- I always will only sell to an adult. If a youth emails me and is serious I ask them to have thier parents call me. That has been successful for me
smile.gif

Tammie

think studs can be shown by youth in classes judging the horse.. eg. halter, obstacal(i think  ), hunter(i think  ), jumper & solid colour class.( Juniors can not show studs at all)youth can.

A youth can only show a stallion in youth preformance class, no other youth classes. THey can show them in open classes. No matter what they must be at least 13 years of age.

Latest posts

Back