Selling My Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Hugs

Reaction score
I am trying to sell my little filly, Miata, and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I lowered my original price because I figure she will out grow her AMHA papers and originally I had her listed as double registered. I think I have her priced right now because I have actually had 3 people send me a check.

The first time I accepted a check and thought I had her sold was to somebody about 7 hours away. I was worried about not going to the ranch and actually seeing the place and buyers in person but she answered all my questions and sent me lots of photos and everything seemed to be perfect. The day the hauler was supposed to come and pick up Miata I called their house and got the husband. He had no idea that his wife was buying another horse and wasn't too happy since they were only allowed to keep 2 horses there. He told me they had 7 horses but she had told me that they only had 4. She didn't mention the stallions that they had. I want to have a relationship with whomever I sell her to so I can always know that she is ok but if the buyer is lying to me now, I doubt if she will be honest later on. So, I put an end to that deal.

The next time I had her sold was to a nice couple only an hour away from me. I must have talked to them for 4 hours on the phone and they seemed really nice. They e-mailed me photos of all their pets and their mini that they wanted a companion for. They have a nice barn and a big turnout for the two minis. So, they came over and met Miata and fell in love with her. They stayed and played with her for hours so I thought this would be the perfect home.They paid me in cash and I agreed to deliver Miata the next day. OMG when I got to their place I couldn't believe it. They had a beautiful barn and house but they never cleaned. There must have been 6 months worth of manure and FLIES everywhere. They just laughed about it. Their mini was very sad looking. You could just see in his eyes that he was very sad. And I didn't get close enough to really tell but he had something all over his legs and rump and I think it was a fungus. I quickly gave them their cash back and left.

I again possibly have her sold but I'm not sure if this will work out either. These people already have 1 miniature horse and they want a companion for him. The bad thing is that they board their horse and it doesn't have a very big pen so it only gets to exercise once a day when they turn it out. They do go and visit him every day but thats not really what I want for my filly.

So, what would you do to find a very loving home for a horse. I wrote in my ad on Dreamhorse that I am most concerned with finding her a very loving home and that the price was really flexible. I sold my 2 geldings for $1800 each right away so how come I am having a hard time selling a filly? She could be shown, driven, bred or just loved. She is very well trained and great with children. She has been used as a therapy and visitation horse since she was about 6 months old, so she is so good with children and so people friendly. Is there a way to phrase an ad to try and find people who really want to spend a lot of time loving a horse? I want somebody like Marty to buy her- somebody who will not only love her but will write me and let me know how she is doing. She should be the love of somebody's life.

DSC05128web.jpg

Any help?????

Sandy

Well, she is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is wonderful that you are so concerned where she goes and I would be the same!!!!!!!!

The only way to be SURE she will have a good life is to keep her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it is very hard to buy and sell over the internet!

I have been on the buying end and have been burned more than once, I have had good experiences too!!!!!!! It is very easy to lie over the internet!!!! Sorry to say!

I am sure you will find a good home for her just wait it out!!!!!!!

She is really beautiful and I am sure you will find a good home for her.

I sell most of my animals with an option to buy back/first refusal if they should decide to sell them. I just HATE to think of any of my animals ending up in the wrong hands, ESPECIALLY animals that I have chosen to produce!

I hope you find the perfect home!!!!!!!

Someone would be lucky to have her!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

She is beautiful!

If it wasn't so far away I'd be interested. I love keeping in touch with Snips first Mom Linda (Roxy's Run). I feel that I made a new friend.

I guess it doesn't always work this way though. I've had the same reservations about the breeding/selling thing. Not sure if I can do it. I love all my babies, and I know first hand that the sale may happen but after that it's out of our control.

I would say, keep looking. The right person just might come along.

Good Luck

Lee

Your little girl is very pretty. I think you are selling her too short.....pardon the pun.

Obviously you either are not supposed to sell her or the "RIGHT FIT" in a new owner has not come forward......yet.....

It's not your filly. It's the people and the timing.

MA

Sandy,

She is a beautiful girl. We have gone through a few buyers ourselves in the past too. Just take your time and and the right person will show up. Have you listed on the board here too with her pictures?

She is absolutely gorgeous and should draw all the right attention too. I feel pretty comfortable that you will find the right buyer. Sometimes it takes a little time :)

Good luck

My fingers and are crossed big time for you to find a great home.

Tommy

I would love to give her a home here in Canada. She is gorgeous, and she will end up with a loving home I'm sure.

Perhaps it is just meant for her to stay with you and then you won't have to worry about where she is. Cute girl! Mary

If keeping her was an option- I definitely would, but I can't.

Thanks for all your support and hopefully there is someone out there looking for the perfect little pet.

Oh Sweetie, don't sell her to those folks. She'd hate a boarding stable. It sucks you are so far away cuz I'd keep her for you. Seriously. You're thinking of a move here, I'd watch her til you got relocated. You know a mini keeps you mobile even if it means just going to visit her. Think on it my friend. I'm serious. She'd still belong to you, free board too. Got an empty stall. You know, the one next to Rose. PM me when you have a sec. Take your time selling her though. The right person will come along. Post her on the LB Sales Board then a forum member may fall for her too.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
She's adorable. I would take her in a heartbeat if you didn't live so far away. Be patient it will happen in time. I've got a filly that we are going to be taking to nursing homes and places like that also.

Christy

Oh she is gorgeous. If I lived closer I would gladly give her the home you want for her.

Those "ideal" homes can be few and far between, I'm afraid.
sad.gif
Keep advertising her, and be patient, and just the right home should come along.

Once it took me two YEARS to find just the right home for one of my horses, but he is now in the PERFECT home, he is loved and extremely well cared for and being shown. It was WELL worth the wait.
smile.gif

Good luck, I'm sure your filly's new owner will come along anytime!

WOW
new_shocked.gif
she's beautiful, I'm sure she will find a great home soon! Hey, if I had the money I would deffinatly take her off your hands!!

She is absolutely beautiful!!! Have you tried advertising her in HorseTrader?
yes.gif

She is gorgeous! I have seen her ad on dreamhorse (before I new she was yours), and I really liked her!!
wub.gif
wub.gif

If I could, I would take her in a heartbeat, but I am getting my first mini soon, and he will probably be my only. But if I am ever in the market for a buddy for him and she is still available, I will sure take a look!
yes.gif

She's just beautiful. I love her color. I can't believe you'd have any trouble finding her a home. The right person will come along.

Latest posts

Back