selling contracts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White Socks Miniature

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could share thier sales contracts and gelding contracts?

I am selling my first mini and he is a stallion that the new owners wanted to geld. (YAY!) They were tight for cash so I gave them a discount so that they can get him gelded!

I would of course like everything on paper to make sure it is followed through on.

He is going to his new home on oct 11/08 and will be trained as a therapy horse!

Cheers

Masako

Good Question: Once the horse leaves your property, new owner can do whatever they wish with the horse. If they are honest folks and most are, they will follow through with the gelding agreement. But a couple of options, hold off on handing over the papers until they have proof of the gelding procedure (using the gelding certification from the vet), but the best option which I have done. The horse is gelded at your place, this way you know the horse leaves as a gelding and will not be used for breeding. But get a non refundable deposit first (enough to pay the vet bill incase they change their mind) before any surgery is done. Good Luck.

IMO gelding contracts are useless, unenforcable, and unethical. If you want the horse gelded, sell it as a gelding and do the deed yourself.

As far as sales contracts, I have one on my website for modification and use, at www.aztecstables.com

As stated in my post the NEW owners want him gelded. Which I am very happy about as well. I have never seen a gelding contract and was just wondering what they had in them.

If I was the one who wanted the horse to be gelded then I would have gotten it done . I am not shy about getting them gelded, heck im a vet tech and the coordinator of the gelding incentive fund for my club, so no definately not shy about gelding my boys! After this I will be stallion free!

Latest posts

Back