selling a horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibquackers20

Reaction score
does anyone have a draft of a write up on a horse that you sell. When I hand over the horse and papers to the buyer what do I give them to sign so I can have a copy and they can have a copy.

Not sure if I explained it right but will give example :

Sold one lead rope at 5.00 as is , but instead of lead rope it will be a registered miniature horse.

Does any one have such a document showing you sold him and they bought him realising you from any responsibiltys after horse leaves your property. Especially while they are transporting said horse to their home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep it simple.

Basically it goes:

I, so n so, purchased one mini horse (description, name) from so n so, in as is condition.

Sale amount:___

Amount recieved:____

Balance due___and to be paid by (set date).

Then I have buyer and seller sign with address, phone, email, etc.

I've sold horses for many many many many years, and never had any problems.

Hope it helps
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a contract I can post for you, I just gotta grab it from the other computer. I'll get it for you tonight after I get back from the barn.

I have a contract, it outlines many things that i have been through as a buyer and seller. Of course states the horse, description, purchase price, when payment(s) are to be received, when the horse may leave, when the buyer will be provided with registration papers and transfer, board, who is responsible for shipping and any accidents or in the case of death who takes responsibility.

It sounds more like you are writing a receipt from the first two posts on this thread, rather then a contract. Contracts are SO important.

I have a pretty good contract stating the horse and any registration, any money down, payment plans etc. and terms and conditions. You can e-mail me if you would like to see it.

Latest posts

Back