Sedation Dentistry

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll most likely say it again...I've got really bad teeth. They are soft and break easily. With what I have spent on my teeth, I could most likely buy something nice....like a house. Sigh. Now, about 6 months ago, Katie (our big dog) jumped up and hit me in the mouth. My whole body to choose from and it had to be my mouth. Sigh again. So she breaks a tooth down in my jaw. I have already had a root canal and a crown on this particular tooth. And you talk about hurt. OMG. So I've been going to a special endodontist for the last six months and he never could find a reason to go in there and fix it. This last visit, about two weeks ago, the x-ray finally shows it's all infected. He puts me on an antibiotic for 10 days and then today was day 1 of the "fix". Evidently he can re-do the root canal and seal it up down in my jaw so that it won't leak into whatever is left down in there and if it is a two step procedure it will be a better "fix". Hey, I'm all into fixing it, you know what I mean. And I am a huge baby about going to the dentist. So he gives me these four little pills. I took one last night before going to bed. I took two more an hour before my appointment, and apparently I took the last one in his office. Um...you may notice I said apparently because I don't even remember getting to his office! Don't remember any of the procedure. Don't remember leaving his office. Don't even remember stopping at Southern States on the way home for dog food. Now THAT'S some good stuff.

I'm supposed to go back for stage 2 in two weeks but that's right in the middle of all my radiation therapy so it'll have to wait. But I did call them when I woke up (around 3:00 pm) and asked how it went and if I behaved myself. LOL. And I requested they call in the same stuff for my September visit. No sense getting stressed when I can do it this way. Man, what a difference. When I had all this work done in Texas, my palms would sweat, I would be so tense, and honestly I've had a ton of work done. I like this a lot better.

Thank goodness hubby is here to drive me because there is no way I could have done it.

Did you tell them you were having radiation? Much of the time dental work while undergoing chemo or radiation is a no-no. You might check with your radiologist/oncologist/etc. my mom (and many other cancer patients i know)was advised to have all her dental work done before she began treatment. Good luck & God bless!

Endodontist knows about the cancer and seems like he doesn't think it's going to be a issue because I'm not having chemo but radiation instead. And I went to my regular dentist on Tuesday and she said chemo is horrible for your teeth but she hadn't heard anything bad about the radiation. All I know is that I've got all these different medicines to take now (never had to take anything before) and lists of doctor appointments, seems like there isn't a day in the next two weeks when I'm not seeing some sort of doctor.

Latest posts

Back