Seasonale BCPs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigeresss

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about the birth control pill called "Seasonale". I am currently on Alesse and have been for over five years now with no problems up until recently. I had big problems when I tried Diane for a few months about four years ago. Anyway so with these recent problems with Alesse my doctor has suggessted I try Seasonale...Now I am doing my own research to see if it is as good as it seems or if I should be aware of any problems that have been swept under the carpet. I know it was FDA approved in 2003 in the USA and in 2007 or early 2008 in Canada. My main concern is the risk of having spotting/bleeding when it's not supposed to occur and for longer than usual if you were on a regular BCP.

Any information, or opinions you may have would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been doing some internet research and because of the common spotting/bleeding between periods this product sounds like crud!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am on the generic Seasonale called "Seasonique" and I have been on it for a couple of years. I LOVE it. My doctor tried to talk me out of it (for the years prior I was on Ortho-Tricyclen LO) and said I would hate the spotting, etc. that would come with the Seasonique.

After the first 3-4 months the spotting stopped and I have had no problems with this BCP, no side effects or anything.

I suggest if you are interested, to try it... give it a chance... you can always go back!

Andrea

I am on the patch called Ortho Evra. I guess it is higher in the estrogen than others. I spotted for years on your regular pills. My body needed something higher.

My doctor did have me try the skip a period thing. So I would wear patches for 2 months then a period. My body did not like that.

So I am on a regular cycle and it has been fine for me. No spotting. I don't forget pills. Then feel sick cause I missed one.

Latest posts

Back