SEAHORSE FARM---Ann Simmons

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Reaction score
For once in my life, I don't have enough words to thank EVERYONE who has prayed for me, wished me well, made donations, and worked to help try and put me and the farm back on our feet again, after Hurricane Katrina. Your kindness and generosity will be carried with me always. I am in absolute awe of the miniature horse community worldwide, in what they have done for the horses, and my family!!!!!! Truly, I feel so inadequate in thanking all of you for your efforts in helping me get through Katrina. I can't thank you individually here, as there are so many of you.

The REX, & MONETTE, FREEMAN family, of WISTERIA FARM and their daughter KAITLIN, and friend AARON DAIGLE, spearheaded a rescue that was truly of epic proportions during such a dangerous time to even their own lives in coming to my rescue in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Much to my surprise and delight, came someone else in the CARAVAN OF MERCY, and that was KARIN SANTANGELO of NAKAR MINIATURES. Most of you know that Karin has suffered her own tragedy only a few short months ago, with the loss of her husband, Nat, How unselfish of all of them, to drop their lives and be fearless enough to come to my town, as there were killings over ice, yes ice, etc!!!!!!! A man got killed for his generators and gas, he was taking to help others in need. And another man got killed in the parking lot of Lowe's for the items and gas that he had. Not rumors, as many days later, read it in our newspaper. Their belief in GOD, along with your prayer vigil on the forum, saw them through.

The relentless mental and physical work that was put into THE CARAVAN OF MERCY is amazing and selfless on their part, besides the donations all of you so freely gave on my behalf. Thank goodness, they brought over 50 bags of horse feed, gas, generator, non perishable food for weeks, water so desperately needed, fencing, hardware, candles, soft drinks, personal items, and the list could go on and on. I have a small grocery store in my living room as I speak. I will never be able to probably do back for any of you personally, and I would hope you would never be in this situation or one similar to it. I feel very guilty about that. But, the way I see it, is GOD HAS HIS VERY OWN SPECIAL "RELAY RACE" , where we pass the torch of kindness and help, on to others we may not know, as you have done for me. And in turn, it comes back full circle to us, probably from people we may not know either, when we need a helping hand.

I have been blessed to have so many people helping in so many varied ways. I am also blessed in the fact, there were winds of up to 125 miles an hour with tin from the barn and projectiles flying at the same speed, and not one of the horses has a scratch on them and my house is still standing!!!!!!!! And I have a vehicle that didn't get a dent on it either! I am the very most grateful that the horses did not suffer some horrendous agonizing slow death. But, the rest of the farm looks like a nuclear blast went off right here at Seahorse Farm. Hundred year old gigantic oaks snapped in half all around the house and barn, and not one fell on either! Fences down, no electricity, no water for a while, hot as where the Devil lives, no gas to be found, no ice, feeling like you are the only one left alive on the planet and no communication---all the things we all take for granted and consider a necessity--gone. With that said, I am not complaining, just informing. Because once I did get to see what was going on outside of my farm, my heart just broke, at what happened on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and in New Orleans. The horror of what other people are going through, with no home, missing loved ones, bleak future, being removed to other states, no jobs, no money, no water and food for days and some dying in agony because of it---------well, let's just say, I am on my knees on a regular basis giving thanks. I have it easy, when I think of others!!!!!!

Again, let me say I appreciate all of you and everything you have done to help me. And a very special thank you to WISTERIA FARM, Monette Freeman, and to NAKAR farm, Karin Santangelo, who represented all of you and THE LORD ABOVE! I will pass THE TORCH on to others, in the same spirit you all have done for me.

Oh, and by the way, I don't have electricity, but do have a generator that Monette brought. It can be run, only so many hours, so I don't have the computer on 24/7. Just at select times. It may take months to try and get back with each of you to say hello, and a huge THANK YOU. I also had a wonderful stack of emails that came in with over one thousand one hundred and two other emails. You know the ones that are just spam. But, it will take time to reply to all who have written to inquire about me, so please don't think I am ignoring you on purpose, if it takes me a while to get back with each of you. It may be another two weeks before I get electricity or longer, and have full access to this computer. And I will be outside for at least a whole year, trying to pick up the debris Katrina left me for my birthday! Yes, I got Hurricane Katrina as my own special birthday present on August 29, 2005! I only had to wait 56 years, to get the biggest hurricane to strike the U.S. in memory, for my special birthday present. THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE AND FOR ALL OF YOU CARING SO MUCH!

With a very grateful heart,

Ann Simmons

SEAHORSE FARM

I am so very pleased you have reported in and that we can all personally hear your voice ( So to speak).

You are very welcome!!

with Love,

Alicia from the Texas Gulf Coast

Good to hear from you & know you were one of the blessed ones to make it through this tragedy.......... So glad to know the good samaritans made it to your farm & back safely also.

More than welcome, the mini community is amazing and we are very glad you are "hanging in there". God bless, and be safe.

Gla d to hear Ann that you and your family and horses are all ok.You and yours will be in our thoughts and prayers.

AWhhhhhhhh!

I am so happy you are well and things are looking up.

Beth Wirht

Ann, I am still sending you prayers of strength and hope, as I am sure that there will be many days in your cleanup when you will NEED them!!! I am so happy that all living beings are in one piece after seeing that horrible devastation. Your story could have been so much worse.

I lived in Biloxi, MS for one year during the early 80s, while I was training for my Air Force job. So I recognize much of the devastated area. I also lived in Homestead, FL for four years, leaving just one year before Andrew wiped it out. Now two of my prior homes are gone due to these terrible devastating storms, and it rips my heart out to see the photos of all the loss.

SO HAPPY you are well and safe. (((((HUGS)))))

So glad to hear that you are safe...and yes, this is an awesome community of people we have...
wub.gif

Take care, and know we are all thinking of you...

Best,

Liz R.

Great to hear from you Anne!!!

hang in there -- and Happy Birthday (belatedly)!

JJay

YAY!!
aktion033.gif
I'm so happy to see your post Ann, I'm so glad you're hanging in there. THANK GOD none of the horses were hurt, your house and vehicle spared, and you were safe....in the face of what 'could have been', you are so blessed!!!

Oh yes, and happy belated birthday !!!

Ann,

My good friend - of course I have to put in my 2 cents. All of those that know you personally know that it wasn't hard to want to come to your rescue. You are kind and generous and have helped more people than you know. You have given advice and never taken advantage. You are selfless and deserve our help and more. So give yourself a great big pat on the back until I see you again and can give you a hug!!!

Thanks for such a wonderful letter. Good to see you online (even for just a moment). I'm sure once you get up and running, you'll catch up to all those emails - glad I don't have to do it...LOL!!!

Your mini pal and good friend,

Monette
saludando.gif

Ann, I tried to call - Ok that was stupid, but I just thought by chance......

I am SO GLAD you are ok and have been thinking of you on a daily basis!!! I can not imagine you there, with the bare neccesities only....

THANK YOU to those of you who went to Ann's aid!!!!! She is a good lady, and living in the West, was able to do nothing myself here except to pray for her. I am so grateful to you folks for helping her in this huge time of need. You are AWESOME!!!!

Ann, just know I am thinking of you and that I hope we can speak soon...

Laurie

Ann, it's so good to hear that you and your horses came through unscathed, and to know you have had such wonderful support from this community. You remain in our prayers through the rebuilding process.

Jan

Hi Ann

Showoff his babies and my family are very happy to know your safe and your horses were unhurt. l took up a collection for you from a few breeders in the area and l will be mailing it out to you once l get to the bank to get a US money order we hope this will help out in a small way. Take care funny person.

Ann....it is SO GOOD to hear from you!
aktion033.gif
My heart has been so heavy the last couple of weeks....knowing there are so many in need, and feeling as tho whatever I am able to give will never be enough.
no.gif
I'm sure others feel the same way I do...that giving to the victims of Katrina is something that we all do gladly. But to be able to help a dear friend....really makes my heart rejoice!
aktion033.gif

BTW.....my 56th birthday was Sept 2nd. I KNEW you had to be a VIRGO!
biggrin.gif

It is so good to hear from you Ann. I am so very sorry for your damage, but so relieved that there was no life threatening injuries. You and many other friends and strangers are on our prayer list.

Oh Ann, I was so worried about you when I heard about Mississippi. I tried to call you but of course your phone was out. It was such a relieve to hear that you and your family and horses were all Ok, in muck..but Ok. God definitely was with you on that day. When things settle down I will call you... its just a relief to know your Ok! Corinne

Oh SOOO good to hear from you Ann!!! After the kindness you showed me I was so wishing I could have been in the van with Monette & Karin!!! So glad the horses all came through ok and you're house is still in once piece. Our thoughts are with you in this time of "rebuilding". Take Care!

Oh Ann,

It is so good to hear from you. And so glad you are all ok. You are in my prayers always now.

Give those horses a little love from all of us here.

My best to you in the tough days ahead getting everything put back together.

Stacy

Latest posts

Back