Sea Tac AMHA Mini Horse show in Elma, WA?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Hopefully if you're showing, you got the email about one of the largest barns being condemned at the last minute, but it isn't going to be TOO hard on all of us from what I've heard as the show staff are doing everything possible to make up for it and accomodate everyone.

I just got my first horse (Mouse) bathed and almost totally clipped. Still have to clip my yearling filly. Hopefully the weather's warmer tomorrow.

Who else will be there?

Who ya bringing?

Liz

Me Me ME!!!!!!

I got most of my two boys clipped and will try and re wash them Thursday!!! But now they are saying possible snow on SATURDAY night Liz! What?!?

We will be bringing Falcon AKA Lumpy and Mister AKA known as Brat. Yay!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

Ssss....what?

Oh, Kim, say it isn't so?

I am going to think positive. NO snow, not only that, we do NOT need that cold of weather.

Uggh.

Well, Mr. Lumpy and Mouse will be in fine form, as Mouse is the corduroy horse. Winter coat combined with only one pair of sharp blades is not a good outcome.

I will see if my feed store has a set of #10 for LBM, so I have at least one more to switch out to!

Can't wait to get her out of the fuzz!

Anyone else going to come show or spectate? We'd love to see ya!

Liz

I'm headed down Thursday night to meet Annette...and then I might just have to come back down and watch one of the days....when do you two have the most classes???

Tracy

We will be there. We will have 5 horses there, They are talking snow on sunday might make it hard for us to get home over the mountian. Not sure what to think about the barn being condemed, and what we might encounter.

I'm on foal watch -- STILL :DOH ! ! ! ! I would love to come down, but probably won't be able to -- good luck to everyone and have fun -- be sure to report back on all the "doings"

Stac

Don't have any AMHA horses on the show string this year, so I will be leaving on Wednesday for the Oregon Gold show instead. Taking four down for that one: Esprit (sr. stallion, under), Sensation (jr. stallion, over), Colors (jr. mare, over), and of course Miss Ally (country pleasure and versatility, over). I am so excited!

Wow, snow and a condemned barn. Sounds like SeaTac will be...interesting!
default_new_shocked.gif
I wish you all the best and think just in case I will leave Kody and Pyro snug in their winter woolies for another week. I'll have to clip them next Thursday and Friday while Oregon Gold is going instead, which will be a pain but will give me something to look forward to while everyone else is having fun showing.
default_sad.png
I'm getting my entries (both paper and equine) ready for Pacific Crown!
default_aktion033.gif

Leia

I JUST got the Pacific Crown entry, so I can't wait to paw through that one.

I envy those horses staying in their jammies!

Mouse wore a LOT of clothes last night!

Give the red-head "twins (fraternal, of course!)" scratches and hugs for me.

L.

I'll be spectating.......My friend Teri is coming down with I think, 3 horses.

They'll stay at our house which is fairly close to the fairgrounds.

If it's going to snow my new girl, from Idaho, is going to be wishing

she hadn't shed off those Idaho pj's.

And I just planted lots of flowers last week end.....dang, going to have

to build shelters for them or they'll freeze!

Aw, Amy, we will miss you, and I wish we could also make Oregon Gold, but it's not in our budget, sadly!

I would have loved to get Pyro down there.

GOOD LUCK, girl, and SAFE travel!

Nancy, it will be wonderful to see you. I am still holding out hope that the snow won't be coming, and it will be warmer than they say.

Bill, as far as I can see, only one large farm/trainer will have to be in a different barn all to themselves, and they get the whole barn, but everyone else will be accomodated in the other barns.

The condemned barn, I THINK, is the first one on the left as you come in.

The show staff really are going out of their way to make sure this is not so bad for everyone involved.

If you have a concern, you could email Dorothy and Ron to see if your stalling will mean you need to bring anything extra.
default_smile.png

Liz

Not attending this year. Will be getting prepared for OG that weekend. Hope to see many of you down in Oregon.....

Good luck to all that will be attending Sea Tac. Be careful in your travels.

Hi y'all.

Here's the skinny from the horse's mouth...as it were. The biggest barn, the yellow one, first in the line as you come in, has been damaged by wild weather to the point that the trusses are structural damaged. Three are an issue and there is a fear that if one goes, the rest will follow. The whole roof is slated for replacement in September and there will be a temporary fix done to get that barn up and running before too much longer, but probably not this week. The outside stalls on that barn are usable as they are under a different roof. 77 stalls are henceforth unavailable for use. The fairgrounds just got the word last week and have been scrambling to get enough done in other areas for us to have our show. As if that is not bad enough, while trying to make some minor repairs, the maintanence man who is the best at preparing the arena, slid on the metal roof, grabbed to keep from falling off and cut his hand, severing a tendon, then landed with his ankle twisted and did something to his shoulder. They keep sending him home and he will not stay there because he is concerned about getting things done. We've had to put some horses into pens occupied by llamas and alpacas during the regular fair. They are safe, well constructed, if a little off the beaten path. Most people with large numbers of horses will have at least part of their horses (if not all) in stalls that face the outside. So bring warm blankies. They are indeed predicting snow in the lowlands of western WA for Friday night, but last night when it was thunder and lightning in Enumclaw causing all kinds of problems, we were having some partial sunny skies. Think happy thoughts and we'll all have an adventure that we'll remember. See ya soon. I'll be driving my little sorrel pintaloosa, Steps. I love that horse!!

Dorothy

Ps: Don't forget the breakfast on Saturday morning. It won't be the first time we've had the smell of bacon and eggs and pancakes wafting through the freezing spring(???) air.

My husband Paul and I will be there Saturday to watch our colt in the yearling class 30-32. "Regis" will be there with Annette. I have never been to Elma before so am excited about going. Janet Day

Are you all enjoying the SNOW down there in Elma??
default_frusty.gif
default_gaah.gif
:arg! We sure are. It's disgusting. I swear I'm going to start a flame war (only kidding, mods!) just to stay warm!
default_torch.gif
:Cold-Scared

Pyro and Kody are lurking in their stalls looking disgusted too. Bleah.

Leia

I was at the show for a bit this afternoon.....Visited with

Kim & Hilary, Liz and Kari for a bit.

Everyone is enjoying the weather - NOT - Lots of hail going thru

nothing really sticking - today at least. Still have the rest

of the week end to get thru, hopefully without the snow you all

are getting up north.......

Well, the best thing about this show is the show itself.

The weather is awful!

Not doing too well with my horses, but I have nowhere to condition, and none of them were clipped prior,t he weather's just been too cold, and I think they look a little ratty.

Mouse, though, really made me happy. Though he's only had a LITTLE jumping conditioning this year, and I mean very little, we had one clear round (6 jumps) in our first go in Jumper.

When they raised the jumps, he gave it a try, though he took them out. They were too tall for him, but he tried anyway. Finally, he refused, and we had to walk, but I'm proud of him anyway.

Today we have Mouse's halter classes, and MAYBE Liberty. There are so many horses in the class, but my 6 year old LOVES the class. I think he's going to take Kari's mare in halter tomorrow, anyway, so hopefully we can talk him out of LIberty even though it's always a fun class, I can't see adding tot he pile of horses just for our gratification (Mouse is NO Liberty horse,t hough his catch is stellar).

We are not enjoying the snow, Leia, nope. It's piling up as we speak. Yesterday was downpours of huge hail and windstorms periodically. GROSS.. I DID see a cute halter for Pyro at Showtime, though....closed ring gold (looks just like a Victor) with a burgundy noseband.

Hope you're doing great!

Liz

This is the first time since I started in minis (over 8 years ago) that I've had to miss this show.... and I'm going through some withdrawals here... I'm missing it due to mare watch. We have 5 left to foal.

I really miss the Saturday breakfast too.... its the only time each year a man actually cooks my breakfast for me... LOL LOL I highly commend the folks putting on this show for the way it sounds like they've dealt with the barn issues. I know how cold it has been in the past and have even complained before about having to be in the drafty outside stalls. So I can certainly feel for the exhibitors and horses this time. I'm not sure if it snowed there but I won't miss the being cold to the bone part.

Good luck to all that are showing and please share who's doing well!

Joanne

Yeah, how'd it go on Saturday?? The adoring (and warm) public wants to know!
default_laugh.png
I can go measure Pyro's head for you Liz if that halter is calling his name.... He and Kody are both tucked up under blankets at the moment since Pyro at least is too dumb to go stand out of the snow. I found him completely soaked and shivering Friday night despite the fact he'd had a warm dry stall available all day. Little dork!

Leia

Paul and I made it back to Eastern Oregon late last night. We left right after Regis had his class. He was in the 30-32 inch yearling class. Annette did a wonderful job with him. I thought he did amazing considering it was his first show, and the level of competition in that class. He won first under one judge, a third and a fourth. Wish I could have met some of the other Forum people. It was just too cold to wonder around outside looking in the barns. Hope to see you in Eugene the end of May. Janet Day

Latest posts

Back