"Scooting" --Picture now available of Lola

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shauna--

Can you tell me where to find info on raw diet? I have been looking.....but could find nothing on the Chihuahua forum on the web.

am just curious...it sounds like a good idea....although the thought of feed raw chicken wings makes me wonder so I would like to read about it.

Thank you!

Hi, i'm a new Chi owner too. I am having such a fun time with her. My little Phoebe is 5 1/2 mo. old and 2 1/2 lbs. of snuggle bunny. She also did the scooting thing, but it has finally simmered down to very little now. I had a terrible time trying to find food that she would eat, and that didn't give her the squirts, which probably made her do the scooting. Maybe some of them are a little prone to sensitive digestive systems? Any way, I am currently feeding a partial raw diet with kibble as a backup. The kibble is Dick VanPatton's Natural Balance Ultra. She is doing great now, but has to be coaxed to eat the kibble regular.

My vet has assured me that a lot of Chi's are like that, and to just keep doing what i'm doing.

Have fun with your little girl.

This is a place where I used to get some of my raw. She has a good website with some info.

www.threecheersrawrawraw.com

My cocker had to have her glands empty a few times as a pup. ONce shortly after I got her at 8 weeks. She out grow that problem, but still drags. THe vet thinks its because her tail is docked way to short and possible nerve damage.

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. You have probably found info on the internet by now. I just did a search on feeding a raw diet to dogs on the internet. It is actually called B.A.R.F. (bones and raw food). There are all kinds of sites (and opinions) on the internet about feeding a raw diet. I have a couple of books also by Dr. Pitcairn (sp?) that is really good. You kind of have to make up a combination of the info that you get, until you come up with something that works for you.

I don't actually feed a total raw diet. I cook most of the meat, especially hamburger well done. If it is really lean beef, I may feed slightly cooked. I don't feed Pork to mine. Never feed it raw. Most of the veggies I feed are raw, but occasionally i'll used bagged, frozen veggies just to get some additional variation.

I hope you can find something that will work for you. As I said before, mine aren't on strictly home cooked food. I do feed some kibble. I just try to get my Chi to eat, so whatever works that is good for her.

P.S. I haven't gotten the guts to feed raw chickens to mine yet. Still afraid of the bones.

Latest posts

Back