Scammers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VernB

Reaction score
Another Scammer.... He has emailed me 3 times a day now for about a week. What do you do with them? Has anyone had this scammer email them? He has emailed me and just wont stop.
wacko.gif

Sender's Interest: Star (ID: 57656)

Sender's Name: FRANK

Sender's Email: [email protected]

Sender's IP Address: 80.255.51.131

Email Country Origin: Nigeria

Sender's Inquiry: I am FRANK,I came across your above mentioned posted horse for sale and i am highly interested in it.Kindly get back to me if it is still available for sale,the name of the horse for sale,If it Is full option?,The current condition,the pics if available and your last offer and the asking price.The mode of payment will be through A US Casher Cheuqe Preferable Of Yours.Kindly get back to me asap... Cheers

Brazen aren't they?

Here is one my sister got. She was only asking $1500 for this mare. Keep that in mind when you read this. They wanted to pay her $5000 for it. They are laughable.

Fran

Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:40 AM

Subject: I WILL BE EXPECTING FROM YOU SOONEST

> Edna,thanks for getting back to me i will like you to

> send the pics ok..I wanted the horse for my father he

> is always lonely when i go to work i am a nurse by

> profession and he loved the pics he usually take an

> evening walk with my neighbours horse so i want my

> father to have his own horse .my father has given it a

> name !!! .However the price is ok by me.Please I will

> like to inform you that my agent in New York will have

> to be in your location for the pick up as soon as the

> payment gets to you and have the horse send to me in

> London through flight.Meanwhile ,I will like you to

> get back to me with the following informations

> concerning the horse.

> 1} Veterinarian examination papers

> 2}Certificate of health

> 3}Health guarantee

> 4] i want to know where it is registered

> As it is now you will be recieving a check of $5,000

> from my husband who is in the state for a construction

> work he is very busy as the chief engineer of fresse

> construction company. So as soon as you cash it in any

> cashing center around you,you can go ahead to deduct

> the cost of this horse and an extra$100 for the horse

> food and other things you will need to get the horse

> alright. and have my balance send to my agent for him

> to proceed to your location for the pick up of this

> horse and some other things my husband bought in the

> states. Please I will like to have your mailing

> address and your phone number where the check will be

> send to so that my husband could get that ready

> fast.Hope to hear from you soonest

> Thanks

> Mrs Stacy

Boy Fran, that one is really obvious. Everything you've ever heard about spammers (but just didn't want to receive).

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleting is also the easy way out which 99% use and I sure do I do not even get ANY IN my E Mail box I delete them from my Servers drive even before I get them.. that is also the way SO they DO not know that your Addy is a working one~!! Don't even let them think that your E Mail Addy is working that works also for spam~!!!! NEVER go and use the Get me Off the List link~!! They then KNOW that your address is a working one~!! And then YOU WILL get even more spam......

I do the same thing Mary Lou, I report them to their e-mail hosts names, like if using a yahoo e-mail address and report it as spam. I report every one of them I get!!
yes.gif

VernB-

I had that SAME EXACT ONE-word for word wise. Definitely report them. I have a friend that takes it to the authorities if they e-mail more then once. Just send them a polite e-mail saying that if you ever receive another e-mail you will promptly report them to the authorities and let them take care of it. You don't have to if they do but it'll scare em off and they won't bother you again!

Mary Lou - LB said:
Turn them in to the e-mail host and they will shut down their account..
I follow up on EVERY scammer e-mail I get by having them shut down.. If EVERYONE would do this I think their would be less of them.. Or, they would find other ways to scam..

TURN THEM IN.. simple as that!

447965[/snapback]

How do you turn them in? I usually just delete them.

I get some major spammer stuff at work. They want to buy large quantities of products and have it sent to Nigeria. I play along with them for a while sometimes getting 15 legit credit card numbers. I call the credit card company so they can alert the card holders.

Liz V.

WOW!!!, I am really starting to feel left out here
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

I have never had one of of those scam letters over the 4 years ive been on here, I get those banking ones all the time, but never get any on horses, and its not like they cant find me, . I guess I better knock on wood, now that ive opened my mouth, Ill probably start getting them
unsure.gif
wink.gif

shadyacersminis said:
WOW!!!, I am really starting to feel left out here
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I have never had one of of those scam letters over the 4 years Ive been on here, I get those banking ones all the time, but never get any on horses, and its not like they cant find me, . I guess I better knock on wood, now that Ive opened my mouth, Ill probably start getting them
unsure.gif

wink.gif

448127[/snapback]

Yuppers so am I I don't even let them get to me I look and if I don't know who it is it is Gone,,,And I have yet to see a scamming one i see lots of the bank ones E Bay ones and such as that but not one in the 6 years I have been on the net and my Addy is all over the place and I have also had many an add on the Internet also...From E Bay to even on this forum to many others selling animals etc. And not one have I got in my E Mail box.. Cool eh?

I dont get any kind of spam or scams at all on my ISP addy, no one but friends & family have that, I get most of those ebay, bank and others on my Yahoo email addy, that was why I took a yahoo addy for the farm email, even on Yahoo though, almost all of them go straight to the bulk folder and automatically deletes them anyway so most of them never make it o my inbox..... If yahoo ever gets too loaded with that crap, I can always delete it and start over with a new one.....

shadyacersminis said:
I dont get any kind of spam or scams at all on my ISP addy, no one but  friends & family have that, I get most of those ebay, bank and others on my Yahoo email addy, that was why I took a yahoo addy for the farm email, even on Yahoo though, almost all of them go straight to the bulk folder and automatically deletes them anyway so most of them never make it o my inbox..... If yahoo ever gets too loaded with that crap, I can always delete it and start over with a new one.....
448134[/snapback]

Yes the best way is to delete them so that the scammers and spammers don't know you have an active address and this is from teck shows on TV..Tech TV now G4TV

Thanks for all the info. From now on I will just report them to their email host names. I just got another scammer email me this morning. I wish they would just stop.

Latest posts

Back