Scammer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
So, I listed a horse on craigslist and received a questionable inquiry. I answered them and this is the response I received:

Hello... I really appreciate your response to my mail.I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance.I want you to know that i will be paying via bank certified check .I will need you to provide me with the following.information to facilitate the mailing of the check .

1.....Full name to write on the check

2.....Full Physical address to post the check

3.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you

**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check** Thanks

I'm just trying to figure out the scam they are trying to pull, if any. I did respond back that I only accept cash or money orders, no checks. And my phone number is listed in the ad. Figured if they want to buy her, they can call me because I won't sell to someone strictly over the internet. I need to hear a voice. Plus, I'm not crazy about giving out my home address.

darn. That's all I get these days.
default_no.gif

I’d say that it’s screaming scam! I had received several emails such as you posted. I thanked them for their inquiry and then turned the tables on them by simply stating that I believed that they were attempting to scam me and would not provide such information without further information from them. I also let them know that their IP has been logged and reported to the authorities as a scam. Also that we Americans in the horse world TALK to each other and it seams funny that at one time or another most of us have gotten the same email.

Needless to say that I have not received another such email. I think that I scared them more than anything but I do get tired of these bozos trying to get something for nothing. If they worked ½ as hard at a real job instead of these scams then they would at least be making an honest paycheck.

Ok, that’s my 2 cents….lol

Sounds like a scam, but scam or no scam, I still wouldn't sell a live animal to someone in that manner, having no idea where they are going, what they will be used for, etc.

Yep, scam. But when I get them I love to play with them. They never mention a "horse" or "saddle" but say item etc. I once answered back in length about a ex-circus elephant that was extremely agreesive to make sure they were really interested.

Latest posts

Back