Scam?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintNminis

Reaction score
I just got this email on a colt I have for sale - does anyone think this is a scam?

I am Guessing yes

Thanks for your time
default_smile.png

Hello,Thanks so much for your swift response . I really appreciate it and the price you had on it is even okay with me by the way, i will like to tell you that the payment will be sent to you either by cashiers check or a money order. Kindly let me know which of the two is okay with you.Besides, if you are Ok with anyone of the payment mentioned above then provide me with the following details so i can send down the payment ASAP....(1).Your Full Names, (2).Your Address...(3).No P.O.Box Please (4).Your Zip Code (5).Your Telephone Number. After you must have confirmed the payment at your bank, I will be sending someone down to you (COURIER AGENT) for the pick up or carriage of the Horse at your own convenient time and i am going to be responsible for the cost of the shipment..I hope to hear back from you soon so as to know the next step to be taking.

Regards,

John P Green

SCAM - no doubt about it!!!!!!!!

Run - don't walk - away from this guy!!!!!!!!!

Just like one that I got recently. I told him I only use po box for my mail. He had a fit and said not possible. Then I said, ok--send pictures of where horse would be going and address so i could see where it was going as I do not let my horses go just anywhere and that I would not do business without that information. Funny--never heard from him again.
default_smile.png

Angie

Scam - I have had ones just like that too here in Ireland. Claiming to want to buy a horse for his wife as a present and that he would send me a cheque to include the cost of transport and that I would then pay the transport company out of that.

Oh yeah it's a scam! I think these people must be really stupid. Haven't they figured out yet that we can totally pick their writing out from a haystack! It's so obvious. Very annoying
default_shutup.gif

The big tip off is they sound completely illiterate. No one talks like that. Is there a site they go to, to pick a form letter to mail to people? It's basically the same wording and idea every time. A friend of mine had the almost the same letter except he lived in Denmark and it was a present for his son, this guy wanted her bank account number so he could "deposit " the funds right away. Yeah
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back