Scam?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I recently contacted someone on a "sounds too good to be true" ad on a truck. This was their response to me asking when and where I could see the truck.[/SIZE]

Hello,

You made the right choice!My 2004 Chey Silverado is in great shape,no engine problems,damages or hidden defects.It was always garaged and never smoked in.I`m a single mother with 2 children and i have problems with money,that`s why i`m selling it so cheap.The mileage is 95,600 and the price is 4500$.We will use eBay`s protection program for our safety.I just need your full name and address so i can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees).Have a nice day!

This was my response
default_wink.png

Ummm..no, I don't fall for scams. If this is a legitimate sale, please give me an address and time where I can see the truck. Sorry to be so abrupt, but you don't need my name and address to let me know where I can view a vehicle for sale.

I probably offended them, on the OFF chance it is a legitimate seller, but really, who'd fall for this?? They did actually post a vin # on the ad. Does anyone know where you can check the owner, etc. for free? Carfax and similar sites are pay sites and I don't really want to spend any money on this
default_rolleyes.gif

That does sound wierd. What does she mean "open a case" on ebay??? Has she responded back? Is it a computer add or newspaper? If it is computer I'd contact the owner of the site and let them know about it.

[SIZE=12pt]Nope, nothing yet. It was a craigslist ad. [/SIZE]

I haven't reported it yet. The ad is still up, so it hasn't rung any other alarm bells I guess. If it was a legitimate ad, it's an awesome deal, but I'm sure it is NOT legitimate.
default_unsure.png

Laura,

I sold my F 150 a couple of months ago on Craigslist, to a local man. Didn't have to do anything but accept his bank check from him when he picked up the truck. My truck was garage kept, non smoking, excellant condition 1997 with 50000 original miles , so sometimes there are good deals.

Robin

Laura,

I sold my F 150 a couple of months ago on Craigslist, to a local man. Didn't have to do anything but accept his bank check from him when he picked up the truck. My truck was garage kept, non smoking, excellant condition 1997 with 50000 original miles , so sometimes there are good deals.

Robin
[SIZE=12pt]I'd love it if it was legitimate, but name and address to set up an account on e-bay, so I can *look* at a truck...nope, don't think so
default_unsure.png
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back