Scam or Not

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this a scam?

• Total voters

Katiean

Reaction score
I got the normal form letter for a horse I am selling. They asked if I still had the "item". I replied by saying "tell me what the item is and I will tell you if it is still for sale". I got an email back. They were still calling my horse an "item" and wanted to get it for their uncle. He was busy with his wedding plans and would I send more pictures so his uncle could see them. He also wanted info to send the payment to my paypal account. There was no mention of him sending "extra" money for a shipper. How can they scam you out of payment through pay pal? I did ask for his phone number and the number of his uncle. I said that I needed to know that the person getting my "item", knew how to take care of it.

IMO even if your selling tack if they call it an "item" its more then likely a scam. More then likely they were trying to hijak your paypal account.

I vted scam we have gotten emails like this and if they need to say item I can imagine they are just copy and pasting the sentence and maybe do not even care what it is.I just delete any email calling my horses an item.
default_wacko.png

Id be very careful

Total scam. Someone hoping to hack your papal account for sure.

Item = scam. It's always a BIG sign that it's a scam.

Liz N.

Yes scam! - when I was selling a piano on craigslist I got these e-mails claiming to want it for a son but they where an engineer ona ship and could I please send my paypal info -- delete,delete as fast as you can.

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!!

I had this type f inquiry when I was selling my baby grand piano. I told them cash only, no PayPal.

FYI.... PayPal IS NOT SAFE at all. After a really BAD experience I dumped PayPal. Have since learned that this has happened to many many people. I will NEVER use an online account like this again.

Scammers use it all the time and the PayPal owner has NO recourse.

I have got to agree. That screams scam! Even if it isn't though, I wouldn't sell a horse to someone who kept referring to it as an "item".
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back