Saw How To Train Your Dragon the other day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watcheye

Reaction score
Very cute movie. All of the expressions in the dragon "Toothless" were just priceless. I would go see it again.

How To Train Your Dragon

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

I've heard only great things about it. Can't wait to see it.

I have a problem; I love and respect and appreciate animated movies. I haven't seen a modern 3D movie yet. The last one I saw was in '82 probably lol. I saw Avatar in 2D. I went to see Alice in Wonderland and it was waaaayyyy sold out (normally I'd just buy a ticket to another movie and see the one I want, but you need those silly glasses). Soooo, here's the thing: my man will bite his tongue and see many a movie with me that he doesn't necessarily like, but he won't come to an animated flick; he doesn't get it, doesn't want to, a waste of time. I'm hoping to get away to see Alice sometime by myself and maybe I'll make it a double feature lol
default_wink.png

Aww Matt! I was an animation student! Its always such a pity when people say such things. I feel like they miss out on so much with that frame of mind. Animation is not just for kids anymore. It is a great way to tell a story with art. Now I will admit, there is a lot of bad animation out there but wow there are so many great things too!

Aww Matt! I was an animation student! Its always such a pity when people say such things. I feel like they miss out on so much with that frame of mind. Animation is not just for kids anymore. It is a great way to tell a story with art. Now I will admit, there is a lot of bad animation out there but wow there are so many great things too!
I know. Did you ever see "The Last Unicorn"? That movie (along with the Black Stallion) started my love affair with horses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxoJLJx-mJw

Now I'm all teary thinking of my 9 year old self...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. Did you ever see "The Last Unicorn"? That movie (along with the Black Stallion) started my love affair with horses.

Oh yes! I grew up on those movies!
default_wub.png

We went to see it last night, and really enjoyed it!! Our local theatre doesn't show movies in 3D but, even so, it was spectacular. This movie, and most definitely Alice In Wonderland, would be worth me spending the extra money to go to "the city" to see it in 3D.

Matt, you and I seem to be in the same boat. My husband and I don't go to movies, we just don't have the time. However, we did manage to take a day off for our anniversary last month and have a date. We went to see Avatar in 3D. It was nothing short of AMAZING (both the movie and the anniversary heehee). I strongly encourage you to check out the new 3D stuff. It was so much like being there and totally redefined the viewing experience. It was just incredible.

OMG! THANK YOU! I have been trying to think of that movie's name for YEARS!

How to Train Your Dragon video trailer sure has me ......... You can bet we will go see it.
default_saludando.gif

Oh, and seeing Avatar 3D was awesome! It makes me wonder, though....how are they going to sell the DVD's???
default_unsure.png

That movie (along with the Black Stallion) started my love affair with horses.
It wasn't the movie about the Black Stallion (Cass-Ole) but the series of Books about The Black Stallion that got me into horses specifically Arabian horses.

Back in 1978 I met the Black Stallion author Walter Farley at the National Arabian horse show in KY. He autographed my hard copy of the Black Stallion book~! Cool

Now after Arabians I got into minis, and still have one mini as a pet and companion.

He is a picture of The Horse CASS-OLE that played in the movie before he was painted up as a "Pure Black"

Cass-Ole.jpg

This was taken at the Arabian Horse Fair in Madison, WI. 1983.

Oh BTW I saw the movie "Dragon" also. Good movie~!

Oh, and seeing Avatar 3D was awesome! It makes me wonder, though....how are they going to sell the DVD's???
default_unsure.png
I saw the movie and LOVED it, it was very cute.

as for 3D or "real D" DVD's, 3D TV's and DVD/blueray players are now avaiable. From what I here the whole "Real D/3D" thing is really catching on and they will even be making some TV shows in 3D. Any 3D movie that comes out on DVD should have a regular or 2D version and a 3D version.

Any 3D movie that comes out on DVD should have a regular or 2D version and a 3D version.
My Bluray version of "Journey To the Center Of The Earth", Has Both, 2 D Version and a 3 D Version On The Same BluRay Disc., and with the BluRay DVD came with 4 pairs of 3 D Glasses`!

Now this was the older technology for 3 D as the lenses were different colors ( Red and Green) and not like the ones in theaters, which are the same shade.

But it still looks good on HDTV's with BluRay DVD's.

Back