Sarah Palin * Please read, she is not all fluff

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
Please read this if you really think there is nothing to Sarah Palin. You will have to click on the link to read the rest of it. She SO defends Hillary Clinton and tells how she was literally railroaded off the campaign trail .

[SIZE=36pt]T[/SIZE]hank you for the question, Ms. Ifill — patronizing though it is. And, yes, if pressed, I could probably stand up right now, walk across the stage and name every country on that blank map of the Middle East you've so graciously set up for me. But I think I'll pass.

First of all, I'd rather not spend next week fielding questions about whether I saw Tina Fey doing another impression of me of Saturday Night Live, this time bending over to point out Yemen — during which, of course, she'll throw in a blank stare and gratuitous wiggle of her butt in order to suggest that the only reason John McCain picked me for the vice presidential slot was because I was once a beauty queen.

Keep reading this article

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears to me that this is a fictional piece written by Mark Goldblatt; some sort of fantasy of what Sarah Palin might say Thursday in the debate.

Am I missing something here?

Daryl

It's a shame that Mrs. Palin can not speak as well as Mark Goldblat can write. Fiction all the way.

Bassett - the others are right. Mark Goldblatt was writing "as" Sarah Palin. Not reporting what she said. This is his idea of a preview to Thursday night - Palin has been asked a question during the debate and this is her answer...

Bassett - the others are right. Mark Goldblatt was writing "as" Sarah Palin. Not reporting what she said. This is his idea of a preview to Thursday night - Palin has been asked a question during the debate and this is her answer...
Okay Tag, Like I have been berated for "proof please". How do you know this?
default_wink.png

Well, Goldblatt is best known as an author and political commentator, not an interviewer. The article posted is not set up like an interview, anyhow. And Goldblatt's blog is the only place I can find this supposed 'speech' of hers. It's pretty obviously a work of fiction since even on Google it shows up as "Palin's Moment by Mark Goldblatt"

And this, from the National Review Online's homepage (bolding mine, of course): "MARK GOLDBLATT: This is what Gov. Palin needs to do. “Palin’s Moment” 09/30 7:00 AM"

Not has done, but do. Fiction.

So, she said a lot without saying a thing. Basically, her statement was ALL FLUFF.
default_no.gif
I do find it 'do as I say, not as I do' , to state that by the time 'she takes office' she will know more. Arent there republican complaints that the other guys dont know enough?

So, she said a lot without saying a thing. Basically, her statement was ALL FLUFF.
I was just told by lowrise that she didn't say that, now you say she said a lot without saying a thing. You said "her statement". You two need to get together and make up your minds. Did she or didn't she.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Oh gee Basset, I wasn't aware I was in kahoots with/had to agree with anyone!

IMO, this is obviously fiction. I think it's amusing people can't tell the difference, though!

Okay Tag, Like I have been berated for "proof please". How do you know this?
default_wink.png
Bassett - I did not supply links as this is so obviously a work of fiction... that is what Mark Goldblatt does.

He is not an interviewer. He is an essayist and columnist. It even starts this way - as if she is addressing the moderator at tonight's debate...

Thank you for the question, Ms. Ifill ...
You can google as easily as I can - but here is one substantial link and a couple of "sound bytes".

From the partisan Thanks to Palin website... http://thankstopalin.com/

A Great Line for Palin
By NathaniaJohnson on September 30th, 2008

Over at the National Review today, Mark Goldblatt wrote in defense of Sarah Palin, and he wrote in the first person, as if he were Palin herself.

One paragraph in particular stood out to me, and I highly recommend Palin start using her own version of it:

Ever since Senator McCain made that selection, by the way, I’ve been working hard to get up to speed on foreign policy and global issues. The reason I wasn’t up to speed beforehand is that, curiously enough, I’d been focusing all my energy on doing the jobs I’d been elected to do. When I was elected mayor of Wasilla, I tried to be a good mayor. When I was elected governor of the Alaska, I tried to be a good governor. I didn’t regard either position as a stepping stone to anything else. I saw no need to go on fact-finding tours, at taxpayers’ expense, to foreign countries in an effort to bolster my geopolitical credentials for higher office.
That guy ^^^ is right - Palin should use bits and pieces from that essay.

Palin’s Moment: Previewing ThursdayMark Goldblatt, National Review Online

Goldblatt suggests remarks for Governor Palin:

The National Review's Mark Goldblatt is offering Sarah Palin some advice on how to handle that snippy Gwen Ifill at the upcoming VP debate. His essay begins this way:
Anyway - you can find all sorts of references to it online... as an essay, column, advice. Not an interview - becasuse it wasn't. I wish those were her words.

So yes - it is fiction. Goldblatt did not even present it as an interview...

It is amusing especially since the smart enough to vote comments come thru on many other threads
default_biggrin.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Couldn't agree more.

Gary

So enjoying reading the piece implies stupidity?

I thought it's right on and I could picture her saying all of it.

So enjoying reading the piece implies stupidity?
I thought it's right on and I could picture her saying all of it.

I also enjoyed reading the post but not for an instance did I believe that it was something she actually said. I would be willing to bet that you also took it as an essay by Mr. Goldblatt and not as a statement by Palin.

Gary

All I can say is I'm looking forward to tomorrow's debate...somehow I think the commentary on this side of the television screen will be akin to Mystery Science Theater.

The Bhagdad Theatre (oohh, scary...that sounds like a terrorist cell!) in Portland is televising this on the big screen. Nothing like good, old-fashioned entertainment!

I'll have to look over the Cliff Notes version. I just want to know, Susanne...

Can you see Russia from Portland's Baghdad Theater?
default_wink.png

I was just told by lowrise that she didn't say that, now you say she said a lot without saying a thing. You said "her statement". You two need to get together and make up your minds. Did she or didn't she.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
Well, I was going off the first post and I had assumed that with all the faulty emails going around, someone would have made sure it was true before posting. My bad. Still, it doesnt change the way I see her. Even in interviews, she will speak and speak but never say a thing.

I'll have to look over the Cliff Notes version. I just want to know, Susanne...
Can you see Russia from Portland's Baghdad Theater?
default_wink.png
hehe...

Nope...just Starbucks (which is, of course, a part of the axis of evil...)

Both VP candidates have been undergoing intense preparation, drilling and practice during the last week for the debate.

We as viewers will have to keep in mind that we will seeing the result of this programming, and won't necessarily be seeing the true, normal self of either individual.

It's going to be very interesting to see how all of this cramming either helps or hurts them. I will be watching to see if they fall back onto talking points which do not effectively answer the question or debate point that was asked of them.

I hope there are some questions posed that require some display of processing power! You know, like the questions we hated to get in High School exams; the ones where Cliff's Notes did not help us.

Daryl

Latest posts

Back