Said goodbye today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi*

Reaction score
I said goodbye to Miss Melody today. She went to live with her first "mommie" again She is going to be living with her dam and some other horsey friends
default_yes.gif
It makes me very happy to know that she will be with her kind again. I know that will make such a difference to her . We had some rough times while she was here as some of you may remember. She is one special lady and as strong as they come in spirit . Who knows when I will get another one. But one thing is for sure; there is only one Miss Melody
default_yes.gif
As of right now I am sad and can't stop crying but I know it was for the best. After giving her a bath last night I drug hubby out to take some last pictures of us together. She can be a little stinker but I sure am going to miss that plucky little "pony"
default_sad.png

DSC07223.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

DSC07229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
{{{Brandi}}}

I know this has been on your mind for a long time.

Over the years, we have had horses who knew each other but had been separated for years and reunited. To see a horse meet up with an old friend (or a momma!!!) is just heart melting!!! I bet your heart would sing to see how Melody and her dam feel to see each other again. The few times I've seen these kinds of reunions, it's made me cry (happy, choked up tears).

She is a beautiful little mare and you were such a great mom to her!

Jill

I wish I could have seen them reunited. It just makes my heart flutter thinking about how happy Melody will be to have horsey friends again
default_yes.gif

I really did try my best to be a good "mommie" to her
default_yes.gif
I know I made some mistakes and was a bit frantic at times lol
default_wacko.png
but that's what happens when your learning something new.

I sure am gonna miss her greeting me in the mornings
default_wub.png

They say if you love someone you you gotta let them go. As far as I am concerned it's the true sign of love when you place the one you love above your own needs. It's hard, I really understand, but you know she will be happy and I am sure you would be a welcome visitor. God plans things for a reason and I am sure you will know in time, there will be good things in store for both of you.
default_biggrin.png

Aww, I am definetly going to miss Miss Melody pictures! What a wonderful horse owner you are to always put the animal first. You did the right thing!
default_yes.gif

I know that this was a very difficult decision for you! I will definitely miss Miss Melody pictures and stories on here! She is such a pretty, special mare. I think you are wonderful person for putting her needs ahead of yours! I know she loves you for it and will always remember you! I hope this means that you won't stop posting pictures of your other critters on here. I love reading your posts! Please stay with us, even if you are mini-less!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

** gulp **

default_bye-sad.gif

I can't even look at that photo of you kissing Melody goodbye. This is really hard! It has taken me morning to be able to come back and post a reply. I live across the other side of the world to you, but somehow I feel like Melody is leaving me too!
default_sad.png

Brandi, I can't even imagine how hard that decision was to make. The struggles you have had with her health and the attempts to really bond with her have created strain.

You have made a brave choice by letting Melody go. I admire you for that.

Please hang around and remain a part of the Lil Beginnings family. And if you get updates on Melody, let us know how she is doing.

(still can't look at that photo without choking up!)

xox Leonie xox

Ah thanks guys
default_wub.png
It really is a happy ending in the long run
default_yes.gif
Her previous owner is a wonderful lady and is also a member of this forum. I am sure at some point she will be posting updates on Miss Melody. I am just so thankful and grateful that she was willing and able to give Melody a home again. Her love for her animals really shows and I feel very lucky to have met her
default_yes.gif

I will of course be sticking around the forum. I will also keep posting updates on my other three critters. Although maybe not quite as often lol
default_biggrin.png
This forum has become my family and I do plan on getting another love bug in the future. I just have no idea when that will be. Thanks for all of your support through all the madness as well as the happy times
default_yes.gif

Thank you so much for caring about me and Melody so much. I wish I had people here locally that cared that much
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_bye-sad.gif

Oh Brandi I didn't know Melody was leaving! As Leonie said, please hang around here still!

It must be so hard for you, those pictures are beautiful and I have tears in my eyes, Melody is such a character.
default_wub.png

We all love you and Melody, even if she's not with you any more, stick around!
default_wub.png

Rebecca

I imagine that this is very hard for you, especially under the circumstances. Just know you are doing this for all the right reasons. Maybe she will be able to come back to you when you get settled????

Oh Brandi

I am so sorry - I've loved your posts / pics of Miss Melody - I know you love her lots and lots and realize this is a hard choice to make.

Am also glad to hear your going to stick around the LB family - we'll all miss Melody postings

I respect your doing whats best for Melody - that again shows just how much you love her

Hugs for you both in what has to be a very hard time.

I am so very sorry.

I cannot imagine what you going through.

I respect what you are doing for Melody, you love her and she knows that.

I'm going to miss your Melody posts y'know! Will you get to visit her? You could do visit posts... I know this is what's best for both of you and wish you well. I'm sure we'll still be seeing your "special child" and calves right?

Brandi,

You've been a great mommie to Melody and it's so selfless of you to do what you're doing.
default_aktion033.gif
It just shows what a great heart you have.
default_wub.png

You really have been an awesome Mom to her
default_wub.png

She is really really up there with my forum favorites <3 Going to miss her photos I LOVE her
default_smile.png

Im glad you put her first your definatly an awesome Horse Momma!

Latest posts

Back