Said Good-Bye to my Old Friend this am

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone. You are all very kind, as you always are. He will be missed always. Art is always telling me that I am like Santa, with the kids drawn to him, only I have animals drawn to me. It was a tough weekend for sure. We know that we did the "Right thing for Woody". Yes, we could have kept him for 4-6 more weeks,but the outcome would of been the same and he would of been septic.. This way he left still healthy, with very little pain. He had a very good life. He was in the top 20 Cutting Horses in South Florida in his day. A Proud accomplishment for sure. And occasionally we would saddle him up and cut a few cows in the pasture. He really enjoyed it. He was a trusty steed and a best bud. He will be waiting for me, dropping his left front leg so I can mount him bareback as I always did. And he will take us across the Rainbow Bridge together. Arizona has settled down. Our neighbor has opened his back pasture so his horses can keep him company at the fence line. He called last night and asked if Arizona was alright because he was running and screaming. Art told him of Woody. He said he would leave his horses out till he settles down. That was very nice of him. Sigh, the joys, the laughter, the tears, the sadness, the loses of owning a horse. Is it worth it? You Bet It Is! Godspeed my Friend....

I told the vet and Art to give him to me, Woody looked me square in the eyes, saw my tears laid his head on my shoulder and calmed down, laid down and he passed peacefully at 8:50 am hearing me tell him that I loved him, and to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge.
That really got to me, I am so sorry for your loss, I've been through many things, & I would never want anyone to experience the pain. The pain of no ease. But eventually the pain will be replaced by happy times and love.
bye-sad.gif
I promise.

I have tears in my eyes reading this...I'm sooo sorry. It is hard to make that decision for any horse, but especially one you've loved for that many years. My thoughts are with you.

Latest posts

Back