safeguard, anywhere cheap to buy it?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoMango

Reaction score
and it will be on 4 minis and 6 big horses, so the cheaper the better!
default_unsure.png

Thanks

I use the Safe-guard liquid for Goats! It works well and the 4.2 fl oz is only 16.95 at TSC. A very good friend in the agricultural business put me on to this. My vet says it's the same. The directions are on the back of the bottle. They suggest for 125lbs use 2.9ml. So for a 250lb mini I would use 5.8ml per day. Hope I helped
default_smile.png

Heartland Vet supply www.heartlandvetsupply.com has Safeguard drench (liquid) for $124.95 for 1000ml bottle; horse dose is 2.3ML orally per 100 pounds bodyweight (that's 23ml per 1000# full-size horse). [They also have a gallon size (3840ml), its $419.95 plus FOB.] They also have the Safe Guard big tube (one tube does 4 1100# horses) for $25.95.

wow-- that is a good price. We had to order it from our vet & we paid $147.50 plus tax for a 500ml bottle so your price on a 1000ml is excellent.

Thanks a bunch everyone, looks like I will try the liquid, seems to be the best buy!

default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back