Safe-Guard Equi-Bits

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has used the Safe-Guard Equi-Bits instead of the Safe-Guard paste? Like it....not like it? Do you still do the 5 day with the Equi-Bits?

I tried them back when they first came out and I got a free sample with the paste I bought.

Let's just say my horses are a bit spoiled, so no one would eat their grain with the crumbles in it, they all dumped their grain buckets. So I had to go back and give them all paste.
default_rolleyes.gif

If you don't have picky horses it would be nice, dosing is a bit harder.

I've used them and my horses thought their grain was a bit strange that evening but they don't get much grain every day so they were willing to eat it anyway.

I didn't do the 5 day, but that isn't a requirement for the paste, either. You can choose to do that if you think your horses need it.

Thank you for the info. I think I'll stay with the paste then........won't waste the money in case they won't eat it.

Another question. Is the liquid really the same thing as the paste as far as the parasites it covers? Just reading the back of the package, the liquid lists what it covers for cattle and sheep, and it's different if you compare it to the equine Safeguard. Is that just for packaging sake?

Our horses ate them without a second thought. I've also used the safe guard cattle pellets, same drug, just half the price.

I've also used the safe guard cattle pellets, same drug, just half the price.
I was just looking at those pellets tonight at Farm and Fleet, and I wondered if they were the same thing! Can you share how you dosed them, and did you use them for the 5 day? If they are cheaper, it might almost be worth trying.

Thank you!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back