Safe Barn heater?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many others have said...a cold (and well-ventilated) barn is a healthy barn. I used to live up in NW Wisconsin and 30 Below was not uncommon. My horses were not stalled but they could go in and out at will...and rarely did. Only time I'd find them in the shelters is if the wind was howling.

However, I DID have a Kal Glo - for that occasional foal that was born in the middle of a snow storm in the middle of April, etc. And then it was turned on ONLY until the foal was dry.

I know this is an old thread - sorry for dragging it up but it's what I could find sorta on the topic...
I'm adding water to a barn. I have the well drilled next to the barn. My plan is to extend the building out to include the well and have a insulated well room for the pump, tank, water heater, etc but need ideas on what heater for it. My main concern is it needs to be safe. That "F" word scares the snot out of me. It's just a pole barn that needs new siding, well vented but I thought about insulating the walls and roof and leaving the vent areas open but that is down the road... right now I just need the "pump room" or "well room" to have heat so the pipes don't freeze. I'm thinking: Cozy Products Safe Chicken Coop Pet Heater 200W Flat Panel Technology
Anyone have any thoughts?

I use a small heat lamp with a red bulb for a bit of heat if they want it. Most important thing is that they just need a place to get out of the wind & a bit of extra straw, pine shaving or whatever bedding you use to keep their area dry. I agree that a healthy horse handles the cold just fine. Typically heat is to make the owner feel better rather than the horse needing it

Latest posts

Back